Chapter 17- When was your last period?

Start from the beginning

I couldn't not go and watch it so I dragged Haden along with me for our date night.

The man at the desk placed our order on the side, I looked around for Haden to signal him to come and help me. My wrist was still casted but It was able to be taken off next week, which in my eyes couldn't come fast enough. Haden and I had been dating for a month now and It's been going perfectly. At least once a week, we would go for lunch and have a date night but last week it was twice. Haden took me to his friends party which he forbid me to drink because I'm too 'innocent' not that I minded anyway. I hate alcohol and everything it does to people. I didn't exactly want to go to the party but I didn't want Haden to miss out.

Anyway...

Haden came into view, walking towards me with a smirk.

"Need a hand?" He asked me with a chuckle.

I rolled my eyes.

"Ha, ha, so funny I forgot to laugh" I told him.

He just smirked as he picked up the pop corn and a drink as he passed me my ticket.

We walked to the isle the movie was on and entered the room.

The room was empty except another couple a few years older which were seated in the middle isle.

"Lets sit at the back" I suggested to Haden.

He raised an eyebrow. "Kinky" he muttered under his breath, I elbowed him in the stomach as I moved down the isle to the middle section on the back row.

"That hurt" he pouted as he took a seat next to me.

"Aw, poor baby" I cooed sarcastically.

He glared at me.

I chuckled at his child-like expression.

Advertisements filled the screen at the front of the room. More couples and single people in friendship groups and familys walked in and filled the seats up. The room was half filled when the film began to start.

I took a sip of my drink, I had to smack my lips together a few times to try and relish the taste and flavour.

"Babe, does your drink taste normal to you?" I turned to ask Haden.

He took a sip of his own drink.

"Yeah, fine why?" He asked me curiously.

"Mine tastes like metal" I told him.

He frowned.

"Let me taste" he demanded.

I handed him my drink as he took a sip.

"It tastes exactly the same" he shrugged.

"It doesn't" I replied back to him.

He just chuckled. "Your strange" he told me.

I sighed.

I turned my attention back to the screen and mentally I pushed my drink to the side. There was no way I was drinking that, it tasted stale.

"Here" Haden said as he placed the pop corn inbetween us and laced his hand in my own, pulling them onto his lap.

I picked up a few pieces of pop corn and chewed happily, loving the taste of toffee.

Once I ate them I didn't hesitate to pick up more.

"Someones hungry" Haden chuckled from beside me. I rose my eyebrows.

————

"Are you okay?" Kira asked me as her and paige sat down at my lunch table with sandwhiches.

I shook my head, feeling nauseas.

"I don't feel to well" I told them truthfully.

Allie came and sat next to me.

She had a burger placed on her tray.

Steam of the meat met my nose, my stomach churned for the 3rd time today. I didn't need to think twice about going to the bathroom.

I jumped up from my chair and ran to the college toilets and emptied my already empty stomach from any remains left init.

Once my stomach had decided nothing else was going to come up and I was just dry heaving, I tried to calm myself down and sort myself out.

"Scarlett, are you in here?" I recognised Allies voice from outside the cubicle.

"Yeah" I called back as I inhailed a deep breath, trying to refrain myself from heaving.

"Unlock the door" she commanded me.

I lent up and unlocked the door.

"Scarlett, are you okay?" She asked me sincerely.

"I think I may have food poisoning. I don't know how though, I've hardly ate anything. Everything just tastes like metal" I sighed.

Her eyes seemed to have widened a little bit.

"Scarlett, when did you last have your period?" Allie asked me urgently.

I wracked my brain, oh god. When did I have my last period?.

———-

I was currently on the bus, Haden was working late today so he couldn't pick me up like he usually does but on the bright side Allie was with me. Unfortunatly we aren't on our way home, we're on our way to the pharmacy to pick up a pregnancy test. Yeah, that's right. Allie seems to think I may be pregnant and I'm preying to god she isn't right. I'm not ready to become a mum just yet.

"This is our stop" Allie said she pressed the button.

I sighed feeling butterflys swarming in my stomach. We both exited the bus after thanking the driver for our safe journey.

Allie entered the pharmacy first and I followed in second. She led me to the testing area where she retrieved a clear blue test.

Being a good friend she is, she paid for the test for me. I gave her the money but she was the one having to exchange money for the test.

I was truelly grateful having her here with me.

Once we got the test, we walked bus stop and got back on the bus and departed as I got off the bus first, living closer.

"Text me the result" Allie shouted.

"I will" I called as I exited the bus.

My heart was in my stomach, terrified of the result.

I walked in the house.

"Scarlett, is that you?" Sarah shouted.

"Yeah?" I called as I walked up the hall.

"Clean up, dinner will be 20 minutes" she shouted from the kitchen.

"Okay" I called back.

20 minutes that should be enough time to take the test shouldn't it?.

———-

I sat on the toilet waiting for the results to register on the stick, my stomach was in knots and I felt completely sick.

1.2.3 I chorused in my mind as I took a look at the clear blue stick in my hands.

'Pregnant' the stick read.

I released my hands and the stick fell.

I sat at the toilet in absolute shock before I felt my stomach churn. I quickly jumped off the toilet seat and emptied my already empty stomach once again.

Haden and I had only slept together once, could this really happen?

Haden! Shit, does he even like kids? Does he even want one? Do I tell him? Do I keep the baby?-that's a stupid thought. Of course I would! I don't agree with abortions. Thoughts flooded my mind until I jumped up in absolute terror.

I slept with Connor too...