Chapter Twenty-Three: On the Rise (Part III)

Start from the beginning

Darius would be that ruination. He hadn't forgot about me or Keish for that matter. He had resulted in his cousin being shot and one of my men. I had retialated, but Keish wasn't aware of that. I had rode out with Diablo, Pierre, Rome, Quinn, and some others to the north end of the city. Finding Darius's place of residence hadn't been too difficult. He stayed boasting about his status of wealth.

"What's up with you?" Diablo asked. "You're never this distracted."

I couldn't decide if I wanted to entrust them with this precious information or not. My Keish was having my child and I was excited about it. I was already imagining going shopping for baby clothes. In my head, I was imagining a little boy with big brown eyes that were just like Keish's. He'd have my hair and I'd be able to teach him anything and everything. I wasn't sure about passing my legacy down to him. I wanted so much more for a child of mine. I wanted legitimacy in business and success in life. My son would go to head start, pre-k, kindergarten, elementary, middle school, high school and college. There would be no in-betweens or breaks. He was taking his ass to school or I was going to tear into his ass.

I'd be the kind of parent that had no trouble beating my child's ass in front of their friends to prove a point. It wouldn't be to be cruel, but to teach a lesson and let them know that I was serious about them doing better than me in life. And if I found out that he was involved in drug dealing, he wouldn't want to deal with me. This wasn't the kind of life I wanted for him or Keish. It was too late for her, but it wasn't too late for him.

Running my hand over my head, I sighed.

"Angel, man take your ass home. Go to her. You ain't getting shit done, anyway," Quinn said, laughter in his voice. "Never thought I'd see this nigga this sprung."

"Ay, shut that shit up, homeboy," Diablo rebutted. "You can't even talk, every time a fine ass honey pays attention to you, you be sputtering all over the place and shit. You be sprung on sight, as soon as you see them hips sashaying towards you."

I laughed along with Pierre and Diablo as Quinn flushed and turned away slightly.

"Man, fuck you," Quinn retorted. "Fuck all y'all."

"See that's what I'm talking about. I knew that nigga was gay as fuck," Diablo responded.

That sent us all into a fit of laughter. Quinn hated being picked on.

"Man, why you always messing with me and shit?" Quinn complained.

"Look at you whining and shit," Diablo retorted, laughter shaking his voice.

I grasped my side as I laughed along with them. Quinn and Diablo were always into it. Diablo admittedly started it, but Quinn always rose to the bait. It was a friendship between them oddly enough. Smiling slightly, I glanced over at Pierre and saw that he had paused his counting to check his phone.

"Man, that bitch tripping," he said loudly, his expression scrunched inot a tight scowl. "I ain't even her baby daddy. Nah, she ain't even pinning that on me. I'll see that bitch drowned first. Fast ass running around sleeping with every nigga that turn her head and then gone come running to me with that shit."

Quinn laughed loudly. "And y'all thought that I had issues with me," he retorted, doubling over with laughter."

My bottom lip quivered with silent laughter as I saw Pierre's enraged face turn towards Quinn. I knew what was coming and I wasn't going to stop it. This nigga was about to fool. They both were.

"Man shut yo' pushy ass up. You're the reason why all these bitches be running to me, begging for me to give it to them. That's why yo last btich was calling my phone. Yo gay ass don't even know how to put it down on a girl and make her feel good about herself," Pierre retorted cruelly.