Twenty-Nine

Third hour was much anticipated for me so when it finally comes I can't help the smile that tries to grow on my face, but I don't let it show

Third hour was much anticipated for me so when it finally comes I can't help the smile that tries to grow on my face, but I don't let it show. I don't want to be smiling for no reason as I walk down the hallways and into computer class. People already think I'm crazy as it is.

I may or may not have rushed down here to make sure the seat by Harry doesn't become taken. It isn't. Actually, there aren't a lot of people in class yet. The bell won't ring for another three minutes.

As cool as I possibly can, I take the seat by Harry. Right when I sit myself down, he turns his head to look at me from staring at his computer and he smiles. His face still looks fresh, his skin so tanned.

"Kaya," He says, his deep voice killing me. Especially when he says my name. "Hi. I'm glad you sat by me."

"Really?" I say, making a move of logging into my computer. I glance back at him once the computer starts to load. He's still got that grin on and that dimple shows up again too.

"Yeah, I love when you're around."

He did not just say that. There it is again, the flirting. And here I am again, trying not to blush and keep myself from melting.

The bell rings and the class starts while the teacher at the front of the room begins explaining what we're supposed to do. As I watch the teacher, I have to turn my body around in my chair. And while doing so, I catch Niall across the class.

He's playing some online game on his computer. He should be paying attention like the rest of us, but I don't think he cares about his grade anyway.

I turn back around on my chair and start to get to work. Harry and I keep making small talk every now and then, but it's mostly just about helping each other on our assignment. Either way, I'm not complaining.

At least we're talking, and plus, he always smiles and winks at me occasionally.

When the bell rings, Harry and I walk out of the class together. It's all giggles and goodbyes as we part our ways in the hall. His next class is a different way. I hate how we only have one class together. It ruins everything.

So there isn't anything else to look forward to after that.

Lunch is typical with Cady and Liam. We talk about last weekend and whatever other meaningless topics.

Cady then brings up the topic of homecoming and how it's only two weeks away. I'm sure she only mentioned it to hint Liam that even though they're together, he still had to ask her in some cliché romantic way.

Like the way those guys do in romantic teen movies when they ask a girl to prom. Except this was only homecoming, so I don't get the big deal. I won't have a date anyway, so I don't even want to think about it.

Not to Liam and Cady though. They're set on telling me that they're sure Harry is going ask me. But I don't get it. Harry won't ask me. Will he? I can't let myself get carried away. That's only something that happened in my fantasies. I'd be lucky if one guy even asks.