"Thanks ma" Mase said and gave her a kiss.

"Thanks mom" I said while giving her a hug.

We sat and ate with light conversation.

"I'm glad that you're finally warming up to me Mikayla" she replied, "especially since I'm going to be a nonna VERY soon."

Mason, his fater, and I nearly choked to death on my food.

"What are you talking about mother" Mason asked.

"I just assumed that since I saw you two together this morning that you guys were maybe trying to have a baby, I mean I don't see why not you have more than enough room in this big house."

"But we're not ready for a baby we didn't even get married yet for goodness sake"

"What do you mean not ready pregnancy is the best thing that can happen to your sex life you know if that's what you're worried about, Mikaylas will be getting bigger in all the right places if you know what I mean."

"MOTHER, look we don't want to have a child right now okay this discussion is over let's go Mikayla"

"Fine make me a sad old lady if I wait until you're ready I'll never get to see my grandchild look it's a simple process have sex without protection nine months later we have a beautiful baby."

"Goodbye mother we will see you guys later"

"Love you"

We left and got into one of Mason's car and headed to work.

"Told you it would be awkward"

"Yeah Yeah I had your car towed from work it's in the garage"

"Okay thanks"

"It's the least I could do my mom just gave you a crash course is sex ed"

"It was kinda funny though, does she really want a grandkid that badly"

"Unfortunately yes but I can't give her that"

"I feel like this whole plan was a horrible idea I feel like a fraud when she looks at me"

"Don't, your helping me so technically you are nice"

"Don't butter me up"

"Sorry but you better get back into acting mode in the office"

"Why"

"I don't want to risk any chance of my mother finding out this is lie and I'm paying you a lot of money"

"Sure so what do we do"

"Just act like we're a couple and wear your ring"

*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*

The minute we walked into the office, while hand in hand, everyone was whispering to each other and I felt incredibly uncomfortable. I walked with Mason into his office and closed the door.

"I don't think I can do this" I told him.

"Why what's wrong?" he cluelessly asked.

"Did you not see the way everyone was looking at us I can't deal with that kind of attention, they probably think I'm some time of money grabbing whore."

He walked up to me at put his hands on my shoulders. " Relax Kay just take a deep breathe and think about how much your heping out your very best friend."

"Shut up this is not a time for jokes Mason I seriously don't know how you're not uncomfortable with this."

"Look if you don't want them to make a big deal about it you don't make a big deal about it but if you'd like I could fire anybody that gives you any hard glances," he said with a serious face.

"Please don't fire anybody I'm just going to get to work alright I will see you later."

"Sure thing you want to go out to lunch or something."

"You have a lunch meeting with the board, good luck with that by the way."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=

Surprisingly after I left Mason's office nobody said anything to me and the whispering stopped. Everyone was focused on their work. Probably because the board and our sponsore were visiting today.

"Hey M what's up with you and boss," Tricia asked me.

Tricia was my closest friend at the office, I'm not sure if I should tell her the truth or not if she ever found out that I lied to her she would probably be mad at me. But I wouldn't want Mason to be upset with me either.

"We're engaged" I replied.

"When were you guys dating"

"Uh, can we talk about this at lunch the board is coming today and I just want to make sure I have everything organized and finished.

"Sure thing I'll come get you at around 1"

"Alright see you later"

As soon as she left I got a text message from Mason.

Mason: Meet me in my office when you come back from lunch

Mikayla: I'll think about it what do you want

Mason: It's important just come

Mikayla: Sure. Tricia asked me about our relationship am I allowed to tell her the truth

Mason: If you think you can trust her

Mikayla: So is that a yes

Mason: It's whatever you want it to be I trust your judgement

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

I decided that I would tell Tricia the truth since she was one of the few people I trusted in the office to keep it a secret. She told me that she truly believed we were in a relationship. But I set her straight even though she couldn't stop talking about our undeniable chemistry. Yeah right. When I got back to the office I went striaght to Mason's office when I opened the door I saw him kissing some woman. I quietly closed the door and went to my desk. As I looked around I could see people giving me looks of pity. This is so embarrasing how could he do this to me.