Rejecting the Rejected: Epilogue

Wow, the end. I can’t explain how grateful I am for each and everyone of you who have stuck with me from the very beginning. Without you guys, this story would have been on my failed list, no doubt. But the response was so overwhelming; it really encouraged me to become a better writer, and actually upload on time (Yeah right!) .

I am so thankful for the people that vote and comment, heck even fan me! I would never in a million years believe that people might actually read my story, much less fan me for it! I am so happy that people enjoyed my book, and took the time to even read it.

What I am going to say is, just watch out for a sequel because Carter and Kim’s story is far from over, but I can promise you that it isn’t going to be entirely about them, but someone else who is very important;)

Look at bottom for what the name of the sequel will be!

Epilogue

“Kim! Are you ready yet?” I heard Charlene call from the other side of the door.

“Yeah I’m ready! You can come in!” I yelled back.

The door opened and Charlene poked her head in. She smiled when she saw me. “Damn girl, you look fine!”

Before, my cheeks would have been burning, but now I was completely used to her perverted comments. She stepped into the room and looked at me expectantly.

Her soft pink dress reached the floor in waves. It was strapless, but it didn’t show too much cleavage. Her hair was curled to perfection and her make-up looked flawless. I couldn’t help but feel slightly jealous of her.

Here it was on my wedding day, and my maid of honor looked ten times better than me.

That’s right, wedding.

After saving me from my deranged mother, Carter proposed to me the very night. It has been four months since the incident, and just like Carter promised, he never let me out of his sight. We were practically inseparable, even at school.

At first, it was tough dealing with all of the glares and judging people, but Carter assured me that they meant nothing to him anymore, and I was the only one he wanted.

 My dad turned out fine, but he was still recovering from injuries. The wound to his stomach ended up messing up some of his nerves to his legs, but luckily he is still able to walk after taking physical therapy for a few months.

Charlene must have seen my crest-fallen face because she narrowed her eyes at me. “I know exactly what you are thinking, and don’t you even dare think that!”

She pulled my wrist over to the full length mirror in her room and forced me to look at my reflection. My brown hair was curly like hers, but half of it was pinned up. My make-up was very neutral, because according to Charlene I had ‘natural beauty’.

My dress was absolutely perfect. Instead of the strapless one I was forced to wear while being held captive, this one had thick straps that crisscrossed showing off a lot of my back. The dress was purely white with a beaded design below the bust. From there it flared out having layers as it fell to the floor.

“Look at you. You look absolutely beautiful Kim.” She whispered with tears in her eyes.

I smiled at her and wiped a few tears that fell from her eyes. “You do too.”

“Girls? The wedding is about to start!” Carter’s mom called from the hallway.

Charlene composed herself and gave me one last look. “You are beautiful, don’t you ever forget it.” She walked out of the door leaving me to continue staring at my reflection.