Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 4

^Dedicated to xanglesmomx for inspiring me to write my very own werewolf story!

Song to the right I think is fitting for the mood of the story-à

Chapter 4

“Hey, don’t worry. You look stunning.” Charlene reassured me as she turned onto the road of Liberty High school.

My stomach flipped with nerves. The whole way I felt like I was about to throw up, and it was not a pleasant feeling being in a car either.

Millions of questions flew around in my brain so fast I was starting to get a headache. Will he like the change? Is he going to talk to me? Will he even care? The last question sent my wolf into frenzy.

There is no way I am letting him reject me like that. My wolf snarled.

I rolled my eyes. He isn’t just your mate you know? I have to deal with him too. My wolf stayed quiet after what I said. Whatever, sometimes her attitude is just too much for me.

I was so caught up in my thoughts I didn’t even realize we had pulled up to the school until my door opened.

I jumped back to see Charlene grinning widely. “Come on my beautiful mushroom.”

I looked at her weirdly. “Mushroom? Aren’t you contradicting yourself there?”

I scoffed and rolled her eyes. “Just stop being smart. Okay? Thanks.” She didn’t even wait for an answer before she unbuckled me herself and ripped me out of the car.

I barely caught myself from falling to the ground. I straightened up to meet judging stares. Everyone, and by everyone I mean every single person in the parking lot had their eyes glued to me.

The butterflies in my stomach fluttered to life and I shifted my backpack uncomfortably on my shoulder. Charlene tugged on my other arm and led me towards Travis and his buddies.

When they heard us approaching, everyone’s jaw dropped except for Travis. I lifted an eyebrow and shrugged. “I got the whole talk last night.” He said.

I nodded. Wait, she didn’t tell him about Carter did she?

Charlene caught my panicked look and grinned sheepishly. “I couldn’t help it. He can be so damn persuasive sometimes.”

I rolled my eyes at her.

Travis leaned in a little. “I am pretty good with the ladies.” He gave me a wink.

Charlene slapped him. “The only lady you can have is me.”

He held his hands up in surrender. “You’re the only one I want.” He leaned in and kissed her.

I looked away with a slight pang of jealousy. Why couldn’t have a simple relationship like that?

Travis caught my look and gave me a look of sympathy. “He was a jerk for rejecting you.”

All of the guys around us perked up. “Wait, you found your mate?” A one red head asked disappointedly.

My throat clogged up and tears welled in my eyes. Charlene hugged me and glared over at the guy who asked that. “Is this any of your business?”

He backed away with his hands held up. “I just wanted to know if this pretty little lady over there would give me a chance.”

Charlene scoffed. “Men. Now go away!”

I shrugged out of her hug and smiled sadly. “It’s okay Charlene, he didn’t do anything wrong.” I turned to the redhead boy who was still grinning at me. “My mate rejected me.”

Everyone around me gasped. The red head’s smile slipped off his face. “Look I’m-“

I held up my hand before he said anything else. “It’s fine. There’s nothing you can do about it.” With that I walked away breathing heavily.

It took all I had not to run back to the janitor’s closet and cry, but I detained myself. I need to be strong. Carter didn’t want me and I needed to accept that. No need to dwell on something I can never control.

I opened my locker as slow as I could to try and postpone going to class. I took out my materials for first period and shut my locker. Just as I shut it, the warning bell rang.

I turned around and once again came face to face with Carter. I gasped and jumped back to bang my head against the lockers. I winced in pain and held my head when I remembered that ‘he’ was standing there. He looked like he was about to reach out and touch my face, but that was probably just me.

“What do you want?” I asked in a hard voice.

His soft features suddenly turned dark.  “What the hell do you think you are doing?”

I looked at him like he had four heads. “What do you mean?”

He slammed his fists against the lockers on either side of my head. “Dressing up, flaunting around, flirting with guys, that is what I mean!” His eyes were almost black and he was shaking like he was about to shift.

I sucked in a breath as his face was centimeters from mine. My heart was beating really fast and my wolf was howling with excitement. I needed to be strong. Charlene had told me to make him suffer. “You rejected me, I can flirt and go out with whoever I want.” I said breathlessly.

If it was even possible, his eyes turned blacker. He pushed his face so that his lips were barely touching mine. He flinched at the word ‘rejected’ but his face quickly went back to its impassive look.

“You are mine. No one else’s and I will not have you going around flirting with other guys.” His voice came out hard and raspy. I could tell he was about to shift.

I put my hands against his chest and tried to push him away but he grabbed my hands and smirked.

“You can never run away from me.”

A little present for you all. I had this inspiration to write again and well this is the outcome. I will upload again in a couple of days. If I don’t upload before Christmas, MERRY CHRISTMAS!=)