Eight.

Chapter 8-

I woke up slowly to sunlight streaming through the curtains. I turned slightly and saw Ethan sleeping peacefully behind me with his arm around my waist. I had stayed here last night because I didn't want to face Talon. God. I can't believe I almost slept with Ethan for all the wrong reasons. He's the last person who should receive that.

I hardly slept last night and spent a lot of time thinking. This didn't help much. I was so jumbled, troubled. But I knew the right thing to do was to be honest with Ethan, about the kiss with Talon and my feelings for him. I just hated it.

Why couldn't I have just fallen in love with Ethan and lived happily ever after? I know, I know. It's unrealistic. But one can dream right?

I gently pulled Ethan's arm back and crawled out of bed. He mumbled and I froze for a second. When he didn't move, I slowly picked up my clothes and carried them to the living room. I got dressed quietly. I should probably wake him up and say goodbye, but I decided to just leave a note; I needed to hurry back to the dorm and change for class.

I sprawled a note real quick telling him I had left to make it to class on time and to call me later so we could meet up for dinner.

With that I grabbed my keys and opened the door to make it to my car. I quietly closed it and jogged down to my car.

When I got back to the dorm, I noticed Talon was gone with relief but quickly grabbed clothes to shower and change. I showered in record time and made it back to the room to grab my books. As I was leaving, I saw a piece of paper on my nightstand with my name on it. I stepped over and grabbed it with a small feeling of dread. There was only one person it could be from.

I opened it and read it quickly:

----------

Trey,

I know you're mad and I'm confused but we can't ignore it forever as much as you want to. I'm going to go home for the week so that we both have space. When I get back, we should talk, I mean it. And... I'm sorry about everything. I really am. I'll see you next Saturday.

-T

----------

I closed it with a sigh and set it back down. I didn't have time to really think because I had to rush over to my Econ class. When I sat down, I was only 2 minutes late, pretty good, considering. After I got comfortable, I thought about his note and knew he was right. We did need to talk about it.

I guess giving us each space was a good idea. I needed it to think about Ethan and maybe he needed it to come to terms with his feelings. Either way, I was a little relieved. I sat in class for 50 minutes not really paying attention until he dismissed us.

I slowly walked back to the dorm and jolted a little when my phone went off in my pocket. It was a text from Ethan:

Ethan- Hey babe. Just got your note. Dinner tonight? Sorry I wasn't awake to say goodbye :)

Me- It's okay. You were sleeping peacefully :) You want to?

Ethan- I'd love to. Meet at Cicada on 7th St?

Me- Sure, see you at 8?

Ethan- Sounds good babe ;) See ya.

I looked at the time. Only 5 hours to go and I'd have to spill my guts to him. I was dreading it to be honest. I knew he would be hurt and upset. He wouldn't understand. Hell, I didn't understand. I shouldn't want Talon, but I did. I couldn't ignore it, that much was true.

I lay down on my bed to think for a little while and I must have dozed off. My phone ringing woke me up and I answered without looking.

"ello?"