#7 First Class

"I am Ashton Irwin and I chose Literature because it's interesting, I guess?" Ashton greeted the class as he stood in front, right beside Mdm Darcy.

He looked at me and smiled with dimples and all. I felt awkward since we just met a few minutes ago and he's already acting like we're close friends. I simply nodded at him, not knowing whether I should smile back or ignore at all.

"That's lovely,Ashton,"Mdm Darcy gave him a head nod,"Now to discuss where you should sit..." She looked around the room as she said.

There were only two empty tables in the class; one at the back and one beside me. Oh crap. Ashton look back towards me, not directly looking at me this time, and smiled to himself.

"That's alright. I'll sit beside El, right over there." He closed one eye and pointed to the table next to mine, gesturing it towards Mdm Darcy.

The Literature teacher nodded for the second time and Ashton walked slowly towards me. His books in his right arm and his bag on his left shoulder. He winked at me before sitting next to me. All I could do is roll my eyes at his straight-forwardness although I may or may not have felt a little nervous.

"Alright class, please be reminded that we'll be starting our Literature project in two weeks. In the mean time, please separate yourselves into groups of four." Mdm Darcy raised her voice, her glasses again almost at the edge of her pointy nose.

"I'll be looking forward to working with you." Ashton turned to me and smiled, raising his hand for a handshake.

I scoffed at how he was so confident that he thought I'd accept him in my unprepared group. But there's no choice anyway, I knew only Calum in the class so it'd be better if I could work with another person. I didn't really gave him a handshake though, I simply punched him on his arm like how I would do to the boys.

"Ooh, I like that punch. We can do it more often, much better than a typical handshake." He smiled, his crinkles evident at the side of his eyes.

I don't know but something about Ashton makes me want to spend more time with him. Perhaps his kind nature and how forward he is?

"Yeah, sure." I laughed, dragging the word 'sure'.

••••••

After Literature, I had to go back to my form class once again. I really hate my class especially since Hill is in it with me. Ashton had already separate ways with me because he had to 'meet a teacher in the office' which leaves me walking side by side with Calum.

It was so frustrating and awkward. There was nothing but silence in between us, not including the other students around us. I flip my flannel to fan myself and blew my fringe from my face.

"El.." Calum spoke up finally breaking the uncomfortable silence. I hesitated for a second whether I wanted to answer him or ignore him. In the end, I turned to him since there was no point in holding a grudge at him for so long. But that doesn't mean I already forgave him.

"Um, yea?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him. I held my books closer to my chest and tightened my grip on them. He sighed as if he was relief that I answered him instead of running off like just now. He combed his hair with his fingers and tugged on them at the ends. He always do that whenever he's in a rather tense situation. I guess that's what is it now; tense.

"Look, I am very sorry. I don't know what came over me. I just really like this girl and I was so sad so I came over to your house but I don't think I'm ready to tell anyone just yet. I really didn't mean to shout at you. I swear." He said in one breath and pant as if he just ran a round around the school.

"I forgive you and I'm sorry too," I laughed a little,"because I was rather annoying." Well this must mean that I already forgave him.

"You're not, you're not annoying." He nodded and chuckled, seeming a little more different than just a minute ago.

The awkward silence now turned to a much more friendlier silence although there was a little hint of discomfort between us like two friends who just met after years of not meeting each other.

"Um so.. Who's that Ashton dude?" Calum asked, pulling his beanies closer to his ears.

"Oh. It's no one really. He's just a friend." I smiled, suddenly remembering Ashton's dimpled smile.

••••••••

"El! Calum! You guys are here!" Michael shouted from his seat but only I noticed him since Calum was busy staring at Hill who was sitting, checking her made up face.

He looked a little upset but a little glad as if her presence could cure his sadness although how ironic that sounded since she was the exact reason why he was so sad.

"Hey El." Luke waved at me and I sat beside him, where my seat was.

Hill sat right behind Luke and I where she sits with Erica, her so called 'best friend'. Calum and Michael, however, sat just a gap away from my table.

"Have you heard of the new guy coming into our class?" Erica whispered to Hill although Luke and I could hear as well.

"A new guy?" Luke whispered to me after hearing the conversation of the two sitting right behind us.

"Yea, his name is Ashton. Ashton Irwin." I was surprised at first but there was no doubt that the guy would come to our class. Luke nodded before adding,"You've met him, eh. So, how is he like?"

I thought about his question but my thoughts were interrupted by the harsh sound of the door opening. Right there, stood Mr Croft with the one and only Ashton.

I turned back towards Luke and smiled,"He...He's interesting."

________

Ola cheeseburgers !!

So what do you think? What do you think Eliza feels about Ashton? Comment below and tell me what you think of this chapter as a whole (: And if you like it as much as i do (( lol )) , please vote for this chapter ! It would make me suuuper glad c: ily

-babycalum xx