You can eat, but just because I feel bad for you.

Feeling the pain from last night, I pulled my sleeves down. I proceeded downstairs and into the massive kitchen, where Mr. Perez stood at the stove, fiddling with the pans of food. There was a wide spread, enough to feed an entire dinner party. Mr. Perez piled the food onto plates, setting the table.

"I don't really know what you like, so I just made a little bit of everything...."

Eggs, bacon, hash browns, pancakes, waffles, a fruit salad, yogurt, sausage links and patties, even breakfast burritos. Any type of breakfast food was laid on this countertop and kitchen table. He also had milk, orange juice and coffee. How the fuck was this a "little bit"?

"Go ahead, you can sit down."

I took the seat opposite Mr. Perez, staring at all the food. His head was bowed, and I soon followed, as he blessed the food. Moments later, we brought our heads up and he started piling up his plate. I watched as he ate. He took his time with his food, showing table manners. I had yet to pick up my fork. I didn't know what to eat first.

After some time, and the burn of eyes on me, I began to eat. The sultry taste of light and fluffy pancakes took my tastebuds on a wild ride. Praise this man's cooking skills. We had been sitting in silence for a good twenty minutes, when the doorbell rang. I twisted my head in the direction of the front door. I had thought it was my grandparents coming to check up on me. Or probably here to tell me they wanted me back home.

"Who could that be?" Mr. Perez asked, throwing his napkin on the table. He went for the door, while I continued chewing my breakfast. He reached for the doorknob and sounds of greetings and welcomes filled the air. I wasn't able to see the person, but it was evident they were male.

"Long time no see, bruh."

"Yeah, I'm sorry about missing out on the party, I had some important business to handle."

"No biggie. Just wondering why you not dressed."

Their footsteps were getting closer and closer.

"I was having breakfast..."

"Oooh food!"

The guest stepped fully in the kitchen, followed by Mr. Perez. It was a man; brown skinned, tall, skinny, long hair that was just....everywhere like mine. He stopped when he saw me, eyes broadened. He was dressed differently. Wearing many layers and heavy combat boots, it actually complimented his figure.

"Jacob, who's this?"

Mr. Perez stood behind me, looking back at our guest.

"Ray Ray, this is Mariah. Mariah, this is my friend, Ray Ray."

Ray Ray's eyes got wide and his mouth dropped. He pointed to me, but no words came. I felt embarrassed, so I hid my face.

"Wait...this is Mariah? Wow, she's gotten so big!"

I blushed at his comment, then soon questioned how he knew me.

"Yeah, she's living here now. Her folks, just couldn't handle raising another child."

I rolled my eyes at that statement. They couldn't handle it, cause they don't want to handle it. They hate me, but I don't care anymore. Stabbing my food with my fork, I stuffed my face to avoid answering any questions.

"Oh word? That's crazy, the last time I saw you was just a few months after you were born."

Face full of food, I gave a closed mouth smile.