Chapter thirty six

Start from the beginning

Klaus slouched against the wall, his eyes shining with curiosity as Ava withdrew her hand from his.

"I think... I think I need to take some time alone." She hummed, her gaze glued to the wooden splintered floor.

"Then why did you come here, love." He chuckled, not understanding her words.

"I don't mean just for an hour."

"What do you mean?"

The room fell silent.

Ava finally caught his gaze, and it was then she realised she couldn't say what she had to.

Once she told him, there would be words said that would not be forgotten. And she couldn't bring herself to start that.

"I just- I was talking to Cami, and ...and." Ava stuttered, unable to find the words.

"Spit it out." His voice was sharp as venom, and that hatred in his tone brought the syllables to rest on her lips.

"What we are! What we have, nic! Is unhealthy. And it needs to stop before I end up dead."

Klaus laughed maliciously, sighing as he turned to scoff. His fingers roping through his hair and his eyes were glass.

"This is what you're so upset about? You think you'll end up dead? Are you that idiotic Ava?" He roared, stepping toward her in viscous strides.

Ava stumbled backward, eyes wide as her legs hit the table unfortunately positioned behind her.

"This is what I'm talking about! All we do is fight, and when we do you turn into this... this thing!" She shouted through the thick air, her hands clutching the table for a form of stability.

"Say it." He growled.

But Ava remained mute.

"Say it!" This time it was louder, more powerful. Ava was shocked that the others hadn't interfered yet.
After all, they could hear the fight.

"You're actually insane nic! Stop painting a picture of everyone thinking you're a monster! Stop using it as an excuse."

"Why else would you feel the need to run off?"

"Because I refuse to turn into a vampire."

The room went silent.

"Why the bloody hell would you think that?" His voice was quieter, yet still ferociously venomous.

"If I don't turn. Then there's no point in even prolonging this stupid..." as Ava shouted her gaze once again trailed up to the harsh hybrid.

Her voice was sharp, yet it instantaneously became hush when klaus inched closer- and the two kissed.

His hands were instantly on her cheeks. Hers clutching the fabric on his torso.

It was something she had convinced herself she didn't need. Something she persuaded herself was poisonous.

But every poison causes addiction, and with every intake of his scent- she was becoming addicted.

The kiss was possessive and passionate, not nearing the definition of soft or delicate.

His hands fell from her cheeks to her thighs, hoisting Ava on to the table her lower back had been pressed against before.

"We shouldn't be doing this." She whispered through her laboured breathing.

All klaus did was grin.

"Definitely should stop..." Ava trailed off as she felt a pulse of a grip under his hand.

"Say the word and I will." He replied, continuing to prolong the actions.

Ava hummed, pulling the hybrid closer with her hands on his cheeks. Both were matching smirks, lost from any logical train of thought.

"Maybe, it wouldn't hurt if..." and before she could finish, her back was pushed against the surface of the table.

•••

39.2 K
It just keeps going up!

I'm sorry that I'm updating in the evening and not the morning today.
I've been very tired and stressed as my exams start in a week and stretch across two months.

I hope this chapter is alright.

Some shouts outs from today:
@Ezzza_prisila_
@Alec_Is_Bae32
@CurenoDestiny
@TeTe529
@ArielArtist
@faith_zumwalt
@kaleywisner
@theresa515
@Samoan1214

Please vote comment and add to your lovely reading lists.

I love all your comments!
Please keep them going.

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye X