Chapter 32: Days of glory

Start from the beginning

@schecoperez:"Celebrated one of the most important events of my life

@schecoperez:"Celebrated one of the most important events of my life. Thanks to our closest friends and family for being there." - Checo posted on his social media.

@sara_perez:"Thanks to our closest friends and family for sharing with us this special moment." - Sara posted on her social media. 

@nico_rosberg:"Felicidades de parte de Vivian y yo"

@danielriccirado:"Congrats! Los quero"

@hulkhulkenberg:"Congrats to both of you"

@howied:  "Congrats my friends"

@MercedesAMGF1: "Many congrats to @schecoperez and @sara_perez on their wedding!"

Next weekend in Brazil...

It was Friday evening, Sara was back at the hotel while Checo went to an event. She decided to not to attend the event and rest of the flight. She arrived to her room and started to unpack. She took the dresses she brought and decided to try each one to choose which to use on Sunday, in case they're celebrating the championship.

-"Lets try this one". She said to herself. She tried the third dress, it was a mint short strapless dress. She looked at herself a couple of times in the mirror. Something didn't seem to like her -"Hmm, I think they gave me the wrong size,"- she told herself. She felt the top part a little uncomfortable. She looked at the mirror again, carefully. - "Dizziness ... The fainting in the circuit ..." - she continued saying to herself. Suddenly, everything that happened in the last couple of weeks started to make sense. She quickly changed and left the hotel.

The next day...

-"See you later"- Sara said to Checo, who was leaving to the track

-"Love you, see you later"- he said, after kissing her.

After he left, Sara went to the closet, took a pair of pregancy test and went to the bathroom. The next 15 minutes felt like hours. She was pacing in the room, nervously.

-"What if I'm not pregnant?"- she said. She waited a lil bit long and took courage to see the sticks.

......

It was Sunday, The race was starting in around an hour. The day before it had rained, but now the sky was partly cloudy, and it was a bit hot. Sara was anxious but decided to take pics to distract herself.

-"Good luck, my love. Do what you have to do. And whatever happens, you're my champ"- Sara said to Checo before he went to the drivers'parade. She gave him a tender kiss.

-"Thanks, hon. I'm going to have that in mind"- he said after kissing her. Then, he went out of his room to find his parents and siblings, and Angie. They wished him good luck and he rushed to the track.

........

The red lights turned off and the race started. Checo kept the lead for the first 6 laps before Rosberg started to get closer, having a smooth fight with the German taking the lead on lap 8. A couple of laps later, Vettel passed Rosberg in the Senna "S", and was decided to get the lead. In the next laps, he tried to get closer to the Mexican, until the first pit stops started and Pérez went to the pits on lap 28. Then, Vettel took the lead and Pérez rejoined fourth behind Bottas. In the next 10 laps, the Finnis and the Mexican exchanged positions, until Pérez took the third place. By lap 50 he regained the lead. The rest of the race was full of an intense battle between the Mercedes drivers. Rosberg took the lead just 4 laps to go, and two laps later both were wheel to wheel fighting. With one lap to go, Sergio made an aggressive but clean pass oat the Senna "S", and holded on until the chequered flag.

-"Congrats, Checo! You're the champion!"- Toto screamed on the radio

-"Can't believe it! We're champions! Gracias Toto and all the guys, you're amazing all the season"- he said filled with excitement.

-"My love, you did it! Te amo, mi campeón!"- Sara took the mic and screamed on the radio. She couldn't say more, tears of happiness were running through her face.

-"Thanks, hon, we did it!!"- Checo screamed

A few hours later...  

-"Finally some us time"- Checo said, once they're back to their hotel room after celebrating with some friends and the team. He started to kiss her slowly, from mouth to neck. She moaned of pleasure. Both started to undress each other, slowly, and spent part of the night celebrating the championship, on their own way.

The next day...

-"Before we go to take brunch with the family, I'd like to tell you something"- Sara said, with a shy smile on her face.

-"Don't scare me"- he said, sounding a lil bit scared. Meanwhile, she turned, turning her back on him. Then she took his hands and placed them in her belly. He still did not understand.

-"We won another championship"- she said, turning her face at him. -"I'm pregnant!"- she continued, and now turned to face him.

-"Really?"- he said, not believing what he just heard.

-"Yes"- that's the only thing she could managed to say, then, she started to cry of happiness. He cried of happiness too.