Chapter 8: Bumpy road

The Canadian GP arrived and went fast, it wasn't a great weekend for Sergio and Nico since the first practice. The team planned to upgrade the aerodynamic package but the plan changed in the last minute.The car didn't have the potential they needed, making the drivers finish the first practice in 8th for Pérez and 11th for Hülkenberg. Second and third practices were slightly better, both finishing in top 10 in both sessions. Things were starting to look promising when the duo grabbed the fourth row for the race. But trouble again appeared, Hülkenberg suffered mechanical problems and retired after lap 23 and Checo had some engine problems 12 laps later.

"I'm losing power!! What's going on'!"- he said upset over the radio to his engineer. Two laps later, he was forced to park his car and retire. He went back to his garage in a mad mood.

"Checo, are you ok?", - Sara knocked to the driver's room after the race was over.

"Leave me alone, please!"- Checo said with an angry tone. So Sara decided to leave him to calm down more.

That night, in their hotel room...

"I can't believe you missed the dinner with our parents!"- Sara said upset after getting back from dinner with her parents and Checo's.

"I'm not in the mood!"- He said while walking around the room.

"I know it wasn't a good weekend but get over it!"- She said calmly to her man.

"I'm in the fight for the championship...!"- he said back.

"It's too early to fight for the championship."- she responded while hugging him from the back and placing soft kisses to his shoulders.

"Please stop..."- he said. She immediately stopped.

"I'm trying to comfort you!"- she stopped and went to pick her pj's and excited the room. He only stayed watching her leaving.

The next morning....

"Good morning, my love" -Checo said softly to Sara, who was sleeping in the coach. Then he gave her a soft kiss in her forehead.

"Good morning"- she said, opening her eyes slowly and facing Checo.

"I'm sorry for last night, I was angry and..."- He said but was interrupted by a kiss from his lady.

"It's ok, let's leave it in the past."- then she gave him a kiss. She went to the room to dress up. Checo followed her.

" I'm glad you forgave me because I want to ask you something."- he said, relieved but kind of nervous. "Well, I know we've been dating for a short time and I'm wondering if you would..."- a knock in the door interrupted him.

"Mami!"- Angie shouted when her mom opened the door, with her grandparents coming behind her. "I'm hungry"- the little girl said. A few minutes later, they all went to eat.

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Do you think Checo is asking her to marry him or is it something else? Well, you'll have to figure it out in the next chapter. I'll be posting it in a couple of weeks or when I'm over with my post home race excitement xD