Chapter 25: Going down

Canada was an stressing event, starting with the media asking Checo and Sara about their engagement, the wedding and if they're planning to have more kids. That stressed the couple, but Checo had to take that aside to concentrate in the race.

For most of the race, the Mexican had an intense battle with his teammate for the lead, having sometimes the German in the front and others, Checo. It was almost half of the race when he and Rosberg where side to side and wheel to wheel when Checo slightly touched Nico in the Virage Senna curve, when passing him. The Mexican lead the next 12 laps, but then things started to go down as his suspension broke just two laps before the checkered flag. He retired and with his teammate taking the win, he lost the championship lead by 12 points.

-"Hey Nico, can we talk?"- Checo asked to his friend and teammate before both left the track.

-"Sure"- the German said and listened to his mate.

-"Sorry, I was a lil bit too aggressive..."- the Mexican said

-"You could have take us out of the race and lose some valuable points for the team!" Nico said a lil bit upset. -"But it was a good battle, I enjoyed it. Just please don't do that again"- he finished, giving his mate a pat on the back.

-"Don't worry, mate"- he said. And both theft the track.

........................................................................

To forget the bad weekend, Checo took some days off to clear his mind before going to Baku while Sara returned to Monaco to see pick up her daughter and go to the USA with some of her bridesmaids, her mom and mother in law to search her wedding dress.

Going to Los Angeles was a clever idea, as there were some quite good stores. It was the third store they visited in two days.

-"I like it but something is missing"- Sara's sister, Laura, commented. Sara went back to try her fourth dress from the store. She walked and stood up in the bench. Everyone in the room was speechless. -"That's what I was talking about!"- Laura said.

-"Sara, you're going to kill my brother with that dress!"- Pao said, with a huge smile on her face. Checo's and Sara's mothers were in tears too.

-"I adore it!"- Sara managed to say, she was now so emotional to the point to have some tears falling to her cheeks. Finally, she found the dress of her dreams.

........................................................................

Checo finished his duties with the media and went to the team's motorhome. He was surprised by Sara and Angie, who were waiting him in his room.

-"Surprise, papi!"- Angie said, immediately when he opened the door. The little girl went running to him.

-"Hey monkey, what a surprise"- he said, hugging her. Moments later, Sara got close to them and Checo greeted her with a kiss. -"Didn't expect you to ome here. Weren't we meeting at home in a couple of days'"- Checo asked to his lady, after kissing her.

-"We ended the shopping earlier than expected"- Sara said, -"Then, someone wanted to see you racing"- she continued, pointing to her daughter.

-"¡Papi! Mami bought a white dress!"- Angie said enthusiastically. Luckily, that's all she said about the dress.

-"Great, I don't have to worry for something very extravagant"- Checo said and Sara laughed.

..................................................................................................................

The Baku GP wasn't so bad for the Mexican, who started the race from pole but lose the lead by Verstappen on lap 27, after a good battle during 8 laps with the Belgian-Dutch. For the last 12 laps, Sergio had his teammate getting closer to his mirrors, and for moments they had an intense battle won by Rosberg during the lap 47. Pérez tried to recover his position but he had to save some tyres. He finished third but continued second in the championship.