Chapter 32: Days of glory

The Mexico GP week arrived fast. Checo was pretty busy with media events, while Sara spent the days prior the race with her family and friends, checking the last details of the civil wedding and preparing papers and proofs for the custody trial.

-"You shouldn't go to the track, hun"- Checo said to Sara, once he gave her a glass of water. -"You need to rest and relax"- he continued.

-"No, hun. I'm fine, just a little bit anxious about the custody trial, but I'll fine later."- she reassured him, and herself. Then, she kissed Checo before he left to the track.

A couple of hours later...

-"¡Buena suerte, papi!"- Angie said excited to her dad, after they were back from the drivers parade. The lil girl, who was well equipped with the team shirt, jeans, boots and the cap of her father, enjoyed the ride, especially when she helped her dad throw hats to the fans in the Foro Sol. section.

-"Gracias, linda"- he said to her, giving her a huge hug- ¿"I'm going to win this for you"- he said, making Angie to giggle.

-"And for me?"- Sara asked, pretending to be upset.

-"For you too, my love"- Checo said to her, after leaving the girl in the floor again. Then, he gave a quick kiss to his fianceé  and headed to his garage, where his other lady was waiting for him.

........  

The race started with Rosberg as the pole sitter, Pérez second. There were some intense battles between the teammates, exchanging positions between each other, and in some occasions, with Ricciardo. Meanwhile, Sara was taking pics,with 8 laps remaining, she was between Turn 11 and Turn 13 with some colleagues. After taking a dozen of pics, she took a step to start her way to the next curve. But as she took that step, she felt a little dizzy, and fainted. Quickly, his friend Tony ran to hold her before she fell to the ground.

Minutes later...

-"I'm feeling better. Now, can you let me go back to the track?"- Sara said as she got up from the stretcher.

-"The race ended 15 minutes ago".- Mandy, a member of Mercedes, told her. Sara stood up fast, feeling now better. After a quick check-up, the nurse gave her green light to go, so she grabbed her things and quickly headed to the paddock.

..........

-"Where were you, hun'"- Checo asked her, when he was back to his room after the press conference.

-"Can we talk about that later?"- she asked. -"Let's celebrate your win"- she said, giving him a quick kiss on his lips.

-"Ok, hun"- he said, after breaking the kiss.

The next morning...

-"We need to talk"- Checo said, serving the breakfast. Sara took seat at the table. -"Why you didn't tell me about you fainting in the middle of the race?"- he continued.

-"Who told you?"- Sara said, dropping the fork she was holding in her hand to the floor, accidentally.

-"It doesn't matter"- he said, trying to be as calm as possible.

-"I didn't want to worry you. I'm sure I'll feel better soon now that the trial was postponed to the end of February"- she said. The relief could be noticed on her face. She could enjoy her wedding without worries.  

.....

Friday evening arrived fast, around 60 closest friends and family gathered in the room. After the short ceremony, the now Mr. and Mrs. Perez (legally) and the guests enjoyed a nice dinner and dance.