Chapter 16: Moving on

Brazil was the next stop of the F1 circus, the championship was getting close to the end and, by this point, Checo had big chances to become a champion for the very first time during his F1 career. Friday started well for the Mexican, who dominated the first practice.

Sara was at the turn, taking pictures. The races was 6 laps to go, and the fight for the win was very intense between Pérez and Hamilton, who has just in the mirror of the Mexican. Rosberg was third, fighting for the second place with his teammate. The heat was getting up entering the lap 60, Hamilton was fighting side by side with Pérez.

"What the f*** is he doing?!"- Pérez exclaimed angry thru the radio. "Tell Charlie to do something or he's going to kill me, him or both of us!"- he said again.

"We're communicating this to him"- his engineer told him. Just a moment later, Hamilton calmed a lil bit, but still was aggressive.

Checo was still defending his position from the British a couple of laps later. They were entering the Senna esses and Hamilton was very close to the Mexican. Just seconds later, Hamilton touched Checo's left side; the car rolled a couple of time in the air and landed in the gravel. Seconds later that felt an eternity, the Mexican managed to get out of the car by his own.

"We just started the race and we have the first red flag. What happened?"- Sara asked to other photographer, while searching on her phone for some news on Twitter. Fortunately, she found the answer. "OMG, Checo!"- she said, climbing off of the platform where the photographers were taking pics. The others stared at her worried.

"You're not going to make it to the other side of the track. You should better go to the medical centre"- another of the photographers told her.

Sara ran as fast as she could to the medical complex. By that time, Checo was under examination. She found Xavi in the waiting room.

"Hi, how is he?"- she asked, taking her breath back slowly.

"Hey, don't worry, he's fine"- he said. "We can see him in a moment"- he said. A couple of minutes later, the doctor came out of the room.

"Go first"- Xavi said to the young woman.

"Come in!"- Checo said after Sara knocked the door gently. She entered the small room.

"Hi, just wanted to check if you're fine. It was a nasty crash..."- she said while holding some tears.

"I'm fine, thanks for worrying."- he said.

"Well, I'm going back to the track"- she said, taking her way to the door.

"Wait"- Checo said. "I listened to your message. When are you going to be back to Monaco?"- he asked. Sara smiled.

"We'll be back on Tuesday"- she said.

"Ok, can I take Angie out?"- he asked.

"For sure"- she smiled. "See you, take care"- she said and left the room.

Next week, back in Monaco...

"¡Papi!"- an excited Angie screamed when Checo appeared in the door of the apartment.

"Hey princess"- he said to her, giving her a hug. "Are you ready to go?"- he asked.

"¡Sí!"- she said excited. "Are you coming, mom?"- the lil girl asked.

"No hun, I have to cook dinner"- Sara said.

Later, back home....

"Thanks daddy!"- Angie said happily, holding a "huge" teddy bear Checo won for her in a game in the Zoological Gardens.

"You're welcome, hun"- he said to her, giving her a hug and a kiss. "I gotta go, take care."- he said goodbye.

"Are you leaving?"- both Sara and Angie said in unison.

"I have things to do"- he said and left.  

Next week, in Abu Dhabi...

"I can't believe this is the last race of the year!"- said Dana with a sad face.

"Me neither, this season went very fast"- said Mark. "How have you felt your first season, Sara'"- her colleague asked.

"Good" that was the only thing she could say. In fact, it has been great professionally, but in the personal side, it was the opposite. She wished she could turn back time and change her mistakes. For now, the only thing she could do was let the time to heal the broken hearts.

Sunday arrived fast, and the season was over in a blink of an eye. Rosberg became the champion and Checo ended third. To celebrate the end of the season, an after party was hosted.

"Comm'on, Sara, let's go and relax. We have to enjoy our company before we don't see us during the off season!"- Dana was trying to convince her friend to go and have fun in the party.

"Ok, you're right"- Sara was convinced, finally, after a few minutes. She dressed and put some make up. Then, they met Mark and other media guys and went to the party.

Drivers, team owners, media guys and other people were chatting, dancing and enjoying the night. Nico Rosberg was surrounded by his wife and friends, celebrating the championship. In other side of the place, Sara and her friends were just chillaxing.

" What are you planning to do during the off season?"- Mark asked.

"Well, I'm going back with my parents to spend a few weeks with them and the rest of the family. Angie is begging to go back to see the grandparents."- Sara commented to her friends.

"I'm going back to Argentina, but first, I'm visiting my boyfriend in Miami and.."- Dana was saying, but she stopped, astonished by what she was seeing just a couple of meters away.

"And?"- Mark and Sara said.

"And you should not turn back, Sara."- Dana said to her friend. But she turned her head, curious about what her friend meant. Sara couldn't believe what she was seeing, and surprised, she let her glass of drink to drop to the floor.

"Is he with her'?"- Sara asked.

"I'm worried he is"- Mark said. Then, Checo and Karla passed beside their table holding their hands. Sara stared at them started to cry, half angry and half sad and stood up, and stormed to the exit of the room. Dana and Mark followed her.

"He's happy with someone else, maybe I should move on too, and forget him..."- Sara said, once outside. She's crying on Dana's shoulder.