How Can this Keep Happening?

The others and I regrouped near the castle. I thought maybe answers might come from searching the Evil Queen's castle. Hopefully, there was something that could point us in the right direction. We didn't find anything and it turned out to be a total waste of time. The queen was thorough, that's for sure.

Just when I thought all hope might be lost, I saw that Kiki was not her usual self. "What's wrong?"

"I can't be certain of it, but for a moment there, I felt the queen nearby. I think the dragon is protecting her. If that is true, it might be where we can find Mitsuhide and Amari."

"Then let's go there and check it out. I will try to summon a portal much closer to the mountain's base. I just hope it works."

Kiki gave me a nod.

Zen relaxed, but then clutched his sword. "Let's do it."

I closed my eyes and focused hard on where I wanted to go. The portal appeared and we entered it without another thought.

When we came through, there was an ice wall surrounding us. My mind told me it was a trap.

Zen seemed to have drawn up the same conclusion. "Stay alert, everyone!"

I saw an uneasiness in Kiki, which I assumed was her sensing the Evil Queen's presence.

We proceeded into the mountain with caution. But to our dismay, the only thing we found was Kat... Wait! KAT?! I locked eyes with the Kat in a dress. The girl had a frozen expression on her face. Now everything makes sense.

I threw my sword to cut the cocoon from the roof of the cavern dome. I used magic to guide it where I wanted the sword to go.

Once the cocoon was severed from the top, the gelatin came pouring out and set Kat free. Kat tried to steady herself, but her legs were still numb, like the rest of her body and she braced herself with her arms.

I rushed to Kat's side. "Are you alright?"

"That...depends... Are you a princess?" Kat's eyes locked with Zen's and she tensed right up, with her cheeks on fire.

"Of course she is!" Zen argued. "Why would you ask something so ridiculous?" Zen folded his arms.

"You have no idea, the things that I experienced in that... whatever it is..." Kat justified. "I was shown a hint of what the Evil Queen intends to do..." Kat still couldn't find herself looking at Zen the same way. Something about her supposedly bearing his child, made her incredibly uneasy.

"And what is that?!" Zen's urgency grew.

"You don't wanna know... Let's just say that she might be trying to prevent Miko from even being born."

Zen's face went sheet white. "What?-Why?-How?" He was clearly not handling these new possibilities well.

"She intends to rewrite the past." Kat gave a 'duh' response.

It wasn't that Zen didn't figure that out. "What does this have to do with Amari?" Zen was very upset with this possibility.

"She wouldn't tell me..."

"Where is she now?" Zen asked Kiki mostly.

"Sorry, Zen. I don't sense her presence here at all." Kiki answered regrettably.

Kat finally stood with me and Desti's help. "The Evil Queen has planned out everything to the detail. We have been playing into her hands this whole time."

"That's not possible." I couldn't believe that after everything we had meddled with in her plans, that she was orchestrating it all.

"She had anticipated every move we made. She also had told me that she has a spy in the camp. With Miko, specifically. If that is true, then she has known what we have been up to, all along." Kat updated.