Twenty

Max lead Ophelia back to his beat up ford where the two climbed in and sat in peaceful bliss while they made their way to Sweet Cakes Bakery. Ophelia knew the way like the back of her hand and watched the familiar scenery pass by in a blur. As she did so, Max would occasionally shift his gaze over to her and watch her face contort into happiness as they passed certain buildings. Before the two knew it, they had reached the bakery. Max parked his car before reaching out to stop Ophelia from opening her door. Instead, he climbed out of his and ran to the front of the car. He decided to be brave and slide across the hood of his car, however he was not nearly as graceful as he would like to think he was and ended up falling off which caused Ophelia to laugh her head off. Max turned a shade of red few people had ever witnessed before and promptly opened Ophelia's door before he could embarrass himself any further.

"My lady."

"Ever the gentleman."

The two made their way through the entrance of the small bakery before Ophelia led the pair to a secluded booth, her favorite spot in the shop.

"What should I get, ms.Grey?"

"Well, I would personally recommend the muffins." She joked around.

After deciding to split a chocolate muffin and two cannolis, the two fell into conversation as if they had never been apart. No one around could tell this was their first time meeting and the pair themselves found themselves forgetting too.

By the time the sweets arrived and were enjoyed, Ophelia decided to speak up about something.

"I have something to show you."

"You do?"

"Indeed I do."

"And what would that be?"

Ophelia led Max behind the counter while Max rambled about it not being aloud. Ophelia promptly shut him up.

"Here it is!" Ophelia declared as she presented a pink rotary phone.

"What is it?" Max the bimbo questioned.

"The phone you had called, you idiot!"

This exclaim made by Ophelia prompted Max to do something he had dreamed about a lot in the past few weeks. With determination, Max pulled his phone out of his pants' pocket and dialed a number he had saved into his phone. The pink rotary came to life as Ophelia eyed Max wearily.

"Are you going to get that?" Max taunted. Ophelia turned around and picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Ms. Ophelia Marie Grey, please be my girlfriend."

"Nothing would make me happier, Mr.Maxwell Lucas Thompson."

The new couple hung up their respected devices and turned to meet each other's gaze. Both had a glimmer in their eyes that had never been there before as they grinned from ear to ear. Max made his way to Ophelia before scooping her into his arms and planting his lips onto hers. Ophelia felt herself melt into his embrace as her world was completed. Although neither knew what was to come in the future, both were happy there in each other's arms and that was quite enough.

"My muffin"

The end