Chapter 14

"Thanks again, for meeting me here." Phil smiled at me as he sat down with our coffees in both of his hands. He handed me mine and took a sip from his, an expression of pure bliss had spread across his face for a few seconds.

"Really, it's no problem, I'm happy to help. Now spill."

"Well, okay, so last night when you walked in on Dan and I fighting, it was about a text message that he got from a girl asking if he had dumped me yet so she could have him all to herself." Phil gasped and took another sip from his cup.

"I said we were done with and ran to PJ's house, we sort of kissed and well we..."

"Wait, you and PJ..."

"Yeah. Anyways, this morning I told him that I was going to grab some things from my flat when I read the messages Dan had sent me saying that the girl was some random fan that found his number." Phil nodded.

"So the reason I asked for your help is because I don't know what to do. I like PJ and he's really cool, I don't want to hurt him by leaving him, again, for Dan. And I don't want to hurt Dan by staying with PJ." Phil took all of this in and finished off his drink.

"How do you feel about Dan?"

"Well, he's amazing, I'm in love with him."

"And how do you feel about PJ?"

"He's a really great and nice guy, he always knows how to make me smile."

"But I didn't hear you say love." I sighed.

"I just don't want to hurt him."

"Listen, I get where you're coming from. You care about both of them and you don't want anybody to feel bad. The thing is, though, there's a point where you have to start thinking of your own feelings and not others. If you love Dan and like PJ it's not your fault, don't base all of your decisions on others, it's your life." I stared at him in shock.

"Phil, you seriously need to consider having a side job as a relationship therapist." He chuckled at my comment and I couldn't help but to giggle as well.

"Seriously, though, that was the best advice that I have ever gotten."

"Well, I try." He shrugged casually like he wasn't amazing.

We talked about YouTube for a little bit before I said that I needed to go take care of things. I have to get this done.

Time Skip

"Hey PJ." I greeted in a quiet and nervous voice.

"Hey," he enveloped me in a hug and pulled back, "I thought you were getting some things?" I looked down at the ground and felt tears rim my eyes. He lifted my chin so that I looked back at him.

"What's wrong?" I looked at him and I felt so bad, I thought I was going to be sick all over myself. He had no idea what was coming.

"PJ... I have to be honest with you." A worried expression took over his face, I looked back at the ground.

"I'm sorry but, I'm in love with Dan."

"Wait, I thought he cheated on you?"

"No, it was a fan who found his number, I hope you understand." He put his hand up to his head and inhaled deeply while sitting down on his couch.

"I knew this would happen, why did I listen to you?" I quickly went over and sat next to him, I tried to hug him but he shrugged me off.

"No, I get it, I know how you feel. Just go to him." I opened my mouth to say something but quickly retracted it. As I opened the door I looked back at him one last time, then I left. I just freaking left him, why was I so stupid?

I walked up to Dan and Phil's flat and knocked on the door. A puffy-eyed Dan opened and when his eyes met mine I could see all the excitement grow in his eyes.

"(y/n)!" He embraced me in a tight hug and I hugged him back even tighter. I didn't want to let go, I never wanted to let go ever again.

"I'm so sorry about what happened." I looked at him in his brown eyes.

"No, it's my fault, I should've listened to what you had to say." We stared into each other's eyes for a while, just taking each other in. Then, Dan kissed me, but it was like any kiss that he had ever given me. There was more to it, it was more powerful more longing. His hands slipped to below my waist and pulled me closer to him. I had never felt this feeling before, it seemed as though nothing else in the world mattered, that I was perfectly safe in his arms and never had to leave.

"I love you so much." Dan smiled at me and pressed our foreheads together.

"You know, I never get tired of hearing you say that." He chuckled as he said that last part.

We laid on his couch together with our hands intertwined watching an anime that I didn't know. I didn't really care, all that mattered was this beautiful being that was cuddled against me, his warm body pressed against mine. I had completely fallen for that idiot.