Chapter Twenty

"I was thinking..." Drake started, not knowing if Nicki was sleeping or not. It was just after three p.m and they were laying in his bed after leaving the restaurant a few hours ago.

"I'm listening," Nicki pulled his sheets closer to her naked body and closed her eyes again but not before feeling around the bed for Drake's hand and placing it on her head for him to run his fingers through her hair.

"How do you feel about having dinner with your parents? I feel like it's time to get everything out in the open. I want to take you to Canada, get you away from all of this crazy shit. I can focus on my business up there, finally opening my record label, you could go to school and we can leave all this behind." After he finished, Nicki was silent for a few moments before sitting up.

"Why?" She pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around her legs.

"What do you mean why? You're not happy," Drake explained and Nicki quickly brushed away a tear that had dropped onto her cheek. He was right, she wasn't happy, she wasn't happy about anything but having him.

Before she even realized what was happening, that single tear had turned into many and now she was laying in his arms, crying her eyes out while he held her.

"Shh," Drake rubbed her back. She wasn't crying anymore, just sniffling occasionally.

"I want to go," She finally said after her crying had subsided. "Can we talk to them tonight?" Nicki asked him and Drake nodded before planting a kiss on her forehead.

"Of course we can," He answered and held her until she fell asleep again.

~~~

"You look beautiful, don't worry." Drake reassured Nicki as she looked in the mirror at what she had on. She hadn't been back home all day long. She figured her dad was there and she couldn't stand the sight of his face.

Turning around with a smile, Nicki pressed a soft kiss to his lips. "I love you."

"I love you more," He embraced her before slowly pulling away. "Come on, we don't want to keep them waiting."

"I'm kind of nervous," Nicki sighed once they were in his car. "I mean we're walking in there as a couple, as two people in a relationship, let's leave out that way no matter what my father says?" Nicki asked. She had a sinking feeling in her stomach that this dinner wouldn't end well but she thought that if she spoke to Drake about it, she would feel better.

"I'll never let anybody or anything come between us," he paused to cup her face, they hadn't left out of the garage of the apartments yet. "You know that."

"I do, I just...I don't know." She shrugged. "He's Santini and he's not going to like this, this isn't going to be okay with him."

Drake knew her father meant the world to her, so he knew if Santini did end up having an issue with their relationship, Nicki would be hurt for a little while. "Nothing he does or says tonight will keep me away from you."

Nicki nodded her head after his reassurance and smiled, "Okay,"

When they pulled up to the Cajun restaurant, Nicki planted a smile on her face. Somehow she managed to feel at ease. She daydreamed how the whole scenario would play out on the ride there and now she didn't feel as nervous.

"You good?" Drake asked her and she nodded once again and watched him get out, then walk around the car to open her door.

Taking her hand, Drake helped her out of the car, then leaned down and kissed her. "I love you," he said with two more kisses, then took her hand and led her inside.