Chapter Eleven

Nicki's birthday was quickly approaching. She had decided on a small dinner with all of her friends, those from Long Island as well as Queens.

"So, birthday girl, how are you holding up?" Monica sat in the empty bar stool next to Nicki's as she did her calculus homework. She could tell her daughter was becoming frustrated and it made her a little sad that she couldn't help her.

"Mom, my birthday isn't for three more days." Nicki said dismissively as she erased the progress she'd made on the problem she was working on. Smiling Monica placed her hand to Nicki's forehead, "Girl are you sick? Where is my Onika?"

"You are being so dramatic," Nicki rolled her eyes.

"I'm being dramatic? If so I learned my ways from you. You're the one that celebrates your birthday all thirty-one days of December." Monica said and Nicki had to laugh. "Mom, I'm trying to finish my homework! You're being so distracting right now." Nicki said just as Santini walked into the kitchen.

"Monica what are you doing to my baby girl?" He kissed Nicki's temple and then Monica's forehead.

"Look at her!" Monica motioned with her hand. "She's doing homework three days before her birthday."

"Are you sick?" Santini asked her with a charming smile. Nicki kissed her teeth and closed her book before hopping off of the bar stool. "I'll be in my room, if you need me." She gave them a dimpled smile and left the kitchen.

"What's wrong with her?" Santini asked Monica who shrugged. "You know you've spoiled your child when watching her do homework is such a shocker, it should be a national holiday."

"I heard that!" Nicki yelled from the stairs. Santini laughed as he heard her room door shut.

Three days later, Nicki was sitting with her friends, celebrating her eighteenth birthday. Her parents had spoiled her earlier in the day and allowed her to have the rest of the day with just her friends. Her favorite Italian restaurant was closed just for her at her father's expense.

Drake stood aside and watched her be normal for once. She was surrounded by Beyoncé, Mila, Jhené, Lauren, Candi, Ciara and Wayne. Granted Wayne was the only guy there, Nicki was like his sister and he couldn't miss an opportunity to flirt with Nicki's Long Island friends.

"What you mean you got a nigga? Is that supposed to scare me?" Wayne threw his arm across Mila's shoulder and Jhené laughed at her sister who was blatantly lying.

"She's single Wayne." Jhené said as she stole another piece of cake. Drake kept his distance, keeping post, watching them. He was just glad to see her smile. She hadn't opened any of her presents and had gone off on them after insisting that they not get her anything but of course they showered her in gifts.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even notice Nicki standing in front of him. "Why are you over here looking like a sourpuss?" Nicki crossed her arms over her chest. The long sleeved jumpsuit she had on was doing things to him. It was perfectly tailored and the deep dip in the front revealed just enough to make him want to toss her over his shoulder and leave.

"I'm not, I'm chilling. Are you having a good time?" He asked her and she nodded then looked over her shoulder at her friends. She was glad they were all getting along. Even though they were from opposite sides of the track, they all seemed to like each other. "That's good then." Drake reached his hand up and tucked her hair behind her ear. "Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked her.

"No reason," Nicki gave him a shy smile and leaned into his hand that was still resting on her face. "I really like you, you know that right?" She asked him, causing him to smile.

"Of course I know that. But I love you...and I can't wait 'til the day I can finally be with you how I want to be." Drake said to her. Nicki's smile widened and while it usually made him happy to see her smile because of him, at the moment, it was making him feel like shit. There was so much she didn't know and it was killing him.

However, he was too selfish to tell the truth. He didn't want to risk her walking out on him. "Me either, but I'm eighteen now, and I know I'm young and I haven't experienced a lot of life but I do know what I want and what I want is to be with you and I'm glad I could share this day with you."

"I'm glad you could share this day with me too, go back to your friends." He laid a kiss on her forehead and then watched her walk back to her table.

The night ended with Nicki opening her gifts from her friends, and then they went to Drake's apartment. Her parents were waiting for her to come back home so she could open her gift from them. They'd always had a tradition that she would open her birthday gifts from them during the last hour of her birthday.

"I told you not to get me anything, I just wanted to spend time with you." Nicki said as they walked into his apartment.

"You think I'd listen to you?" He asked her and it was obvious that he really did want an answer.

"I guess not," Nicki rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. "I just don't want you thinking you have to spoil me. You are enough."

Wrapping his arms around her, he pulled her close and kissed her temple, "So I can get my money back then?" He asked jokingly and she kissed her teeth before playfully slapping his chest. The moments between them like this were rare so she cherished them. He was always so easygoing when it was the two of them behind closed doors.

Once in his kitchen, Drake grabbed a baby blue box from the cabinet that read Tiffany & Co. Nicki's eyes immediately lit up, causing Drake to chuckle. "You're my favorite thing to have on my arm, so I thought I'd get you your favorite thing."

"Besides you," Nicki corrected. "You're my favorite."

"Well besides me," Drake handed her the box and she took her time unraveling the bow. "Onika just open the damn box already." he said impatiently and she cut her eyes at him.

"Boy I still have another two hours and seventeen minutes left of my birthday." She stopped and gave him a pointed look before turning back to the box and lifting the lid.

It looked as if he had tried to buy her one of everything. "Aubrey!" She squealed and clapped her hands. "Jesus!" There was a tiny box, no doubt a ring which he grabbed before she could open it. There was also a rose gold watch, a necklace with her initials, sunglasses and a charm bracelet. "You didn't have to buy all of this," she wiped her tears. It wasn't the fact that he had bought her jewels, it didn't matter how much it cost. She was just moved by it all because she knew he wasn't the easiest person to get emotion out of and she knew each part of her gift meant something to him, meant something for them.

"Now this is the last thing," He handed her the box. "I put a lot of thought into the ring and out of all of this, that means the most to me. I know it's corny but I got an infinity ring because of what you said to me in the car. When you were telling me that you care about what happens to me in the next life...that meant the world to me and that's my promise that I will always be with you, no matter what. I'll always be here for you from this day forward, I swear that to you."

Nicki smiled through her tears and wrapped her arms around him. He lifted her from her feet and engulfed her into a hug. "I love you." He whispered in her ear and she kissed his cheek. "I love you too. You mean the world to me Aubrey. Through all of this bullshit, I know you're here for me and I love you for that and I thank God everyday that He brought you to me." With that, she laid a big kiss on his lips.
"But you gotta get me home before I tear your clothes off," She said through kisses and he set her on her feet. "Santini is expecting me by eleven." She said with a sigh and Drake lifted her chin.

"Hey, when the time is right, it'll happen." Drake kissed her forehead. "Just be patient, I promise, it's worth waiting for."

Graham is such a fuckboy I swear. Anyway, please, please VOTE & COMMENT. 10+ for the next update. ❤️❤️❤️