Chapter Five

"Nicki! Is that you?" She heard Ciara's voice and her head automatically turned towards the sound.

"Oh my God! Ci Ci!" Nicki got up, walked over to the aisle where Ciara was standing and hugged her. "I missed you!"

"What are you going here in Queens. Santini is going to kill you."

"I'm good...I'm here with my babysitter." Nicki rolled her eyes. "Who are you here with?"

"The crew. They're in the back...I just got here."

"Never on time no where." Nicki shook her head at her. "I wanna come say hi, wait here." Nicki went back over to Drake who had been watching her.

"Can I go say hi to my friends?"

"Where are they?" Drake looked around.

"In the back. I'll be back. Just five minutes." She began to pout and he shook his head.

"Alright. Five minutes. Don't make me have to come looking for you." Drake said and watched her leave, making note of where she went then turned his attention back to the other patrons, watching them and the door.

The waitress brought their food a minute or so later and Drake was about to go get Nicki when he noticed a man in a dark suit, much like his, walk into the diner. It would have been innocent looking if he didn't have two men following behind him, doing the same thing.

Drake pulled out his wallet, slapped a hundred dollar bill on the table and went to get Nicki.

He found her laughing with her friends. Under any other circumstances, he would've been happy to stand there and watch her smile. He had never seen her smile like that, not with her other friends, not around her family...she truly wasn't happy she had to leave Queens. But maybe today she would realize that this situation was very serious.

"Nicki, we have to go." He grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the both she was in with her friends. Luckily for her, she was sitting on the end.

"Are you seriously tripping over five minutes?" She snatched her arm away.

"No, there are some men here looking for you now let's go. If I have to drag you out of here, so help me God," he began to threaten her. Her friends stared in concern.

"Nika! You okay?" Wayne got out of his seat.

"I'm fine I have to go. I'll call you." She said as Drake pulled her out of the private dining area and out of the back door he handed her the jacket she'd worn and her purse before helping her into his car. "Put your seatbelt on."

Drake got in and started the car. He pulled away from the building, being sure not to draw unnecessary attention to them and once they were back on the road, he called Santini.

How did they know I was there? This is some serious, scary shit. What did my daddy do?

Nicki listened to Drake's end of the conversation as he told Santini what had happened.

"Okay, I'll let her know." Drake said and hung up the phone. "Your father said that he can't give you your keys back until this is all water under the bridge. He wants me with you everywhere you go, so that means I'll be taking you to school every morning and picking you up. He also said that he doesn't want to take the risk of going back to Queens, so you have to stay away from there for a while and your parents will be back in a couple of hours."

"Alright." Nicki answered and looked out the window. She knew there was no use in getting mad. Whatever Santini ordered to happen would happen, it didn't matter if she liked it or not.