A first date? (Friday)

Start from the beginning

"I will, but I still don't know what I actually have to do. And just because most times, I am unsure about how persons might feel and unable to read their expressions, doesn't mean I absolutely don't care."

"Okay, just leave this to me. Only thing you need to do is being normal, that should be hard enough. And stop freezing!"

"Okay, I will try, but I cannot guarantee for it."

"You could talk to Naomi too, so what's the problem here?"

"Overthinking what happened and how things developed, I would conclude, that it was easier, because we met at the Jeffersonian. That made it easy to find something we could talk about."

"Right, and she didn't even want to talk, but only jump in bed with you, because you're a genius."

"What makes you think that?"

"Okay, listen, Zack. She was not interested in you as a person, but in you as a 'sexy genius'. You know, only sexual. Where ever she found the sexy in you..."

Oh, I might be interested in a sexy genius, too. And I already found the sexy parts. Nice, sweet face, interesting dark brown eyes. Body perfectly matches what I like, not too big, but tall, still not only skin and bones. His hair says 'touch me'... at least to me, it says that. It actually couldn't be better. Looks like I owe Angela 5 drinks. Or at least, one. Now, enough about this Naomi, guys.

"Oh dude, she's coming back. What exactly are you going to do now? Better if I knew the plan too, right?"

"Too late. Did you just say dude?"

Yes, too late. I want to know what he is going to do, too.

"So, you're okay guys? Need anything?"

"Oh, hey" the older one says "yeah, I'd like another beer and my friend here needs three shots I think."

I think I know where this will go. "Three? All for him?" I need to ask. He absolutely doesn't look like he needed 3 shots, nor that he wanted them.

"Ah no, I thought you might have a drink with us? Of course, it's on me. By the way, I am Jack and this is Zack." Okay. Did not see that coming. But looks like a good plan, too. I thought I just should take a look at him...

"I have to work another fifteen minutes, if you..."

"Yes." Wow. He said something. I look at him, trying not to look too surprised. He's surprised enough for the two of us.

"Okay, so I'll bring three shots the sec my shift ends. What do you guys like?"

Zack only slowly opened his mouth, while Jack already decided tequila would be best.

"So, see you in fifteen minutes? Of course, I'll bring your drink before, Jack. Anything else I can do for you?" this question goes to Zack, and again, I get surprised.

"I.... I'd like a vodka I think. One. Not three. Of course..."

Oh, wow. Someone needs to pluck up some courage.

"Okay, Zack. Comin' soon." I smile at him, feeling how it's not the same 'I am a nice waitress'-smile as usually. It's a 'you're so sweet, I can't stop smiling at you'-smile. Hope Jack doesn't see it. Would take away some fun, if he'd make him feel too safe. He smiles back. Completely freezing again, but really cute smile.

~

"You drink vodka?"

"I will, obviously."

"You ever drunk vodka before?"

"Mixed in other drinks, yes. Pure, no. It seems to me, you want to know why I decided to order it. I hope the alcohol will make me feel more comfortable and will 'loosen my tongue' how it said in that article I recently read..."