A first date? (Friday)

„Okay, Zack. If you like her, you need to do more than just staring at her. Next time she comes, you need to talk to her. With you only staring at her, there will happen absolutely nothing, you know." Silence. He just stares at him, like he stared at me before. Looks like he wants to say something, but just like when I asked him, what he'd like to drink, there comes no word out of him.

"So, what can I do for you, today? Was kann ich für euch tun?" I ask the new group of people, which just came in. They only want beer, some German tourists. Easy enough, so I can still listen to the two interesting guys on the other table.

"God, Zack! Stop freezing at me, I told you not to do that.", the older one still tries to force the other, probably Zack, to say something.

"You told me not to freeze when we have to keep secrets or something at work, not when we're at a bar and you tell me to just talk to someone who just made me..."

Ah, he is able to speak.

"Makes you what, dude?"

"Stop saying dude. You know... made me... you remember this song, the moment we came in and she smiled at us?"

"You're the one who never forgets anything, so, no, I don't remember which was the first song I heard when we came in here before an hour."

"It was one of the older ones, I think the interpr..."

"Zack, come on, just tell me what this has to do with that song."

"She's so high, high above me... I know where I belong, and nothing's gonna happen" he starts to sing quietly.

This time, I freeze for a few seconds. His quiet and somehow special voice when he speaks, turned to be a little more wow when singing, even he almost only hums. His friend seems to be surprised, too. Wow. Now I am really interested. Just hope, that he will find some words when I come around next time. Only forty minutes to go on my shift...

~

"Did you just use a line of a song to explain something you feel to me?"

"Um..."

"Okay, so you think you have no chance. She made you feel like that guy in the song."

"Yes."

"That may be true, but you will never find out, if you don't try. And she doesn't seem uninterested."

"How would you know that?"

"She smiled at you, not at us, when we came in. She, of course, noticed you're staring at her, but it doesn't seem to bother her. And she heard your singing. That caught her for like... 3 seconds? So, obviously, she is not that disinterested."

"So... that's good, yes?"

"At least she likes how you look, I think. And of course, your voice."

"But there is still this genius thing that makes me so bad in conversation."

"Yes, but for that, I told you what to say like a hundred times. Don't tell me the only thing you don't remember forever was that."

"But that's not me, Hodgins. I want that she likes me, but if I talk to her like you told me to, what is of course not what I would say, she won't get to know me, so I won't know what she thinks about me."

"Oookay, fine. So, that makes it a little harder... but maybe you're lucky. As I said, you'll never find out, if you don't try. Just be as normal as you can, okay? And since when are you interested in people liking you?"

~

The last two sentences catch my ear again. Very interesting. Trying to be normal and liking people? Looks like I have a good timing here.