twenty

Mr. Kim was rushed to the hospital as he kept slipping in and out of life, due to the beating he received by Donghyuck. His face was all busted up and bleeding terribly.

He was dying and she was grateful.

The police had asked her so many questions in a matter of ten minutes and her head was spinning. She knew what she was going to say, how she was going to say it, and in what order. The police man asked her the hardest question first, "Where can we get a hold of your parents?"

Jiho looked at him as she fell in and out of a daze, "My dad's dead and my mom... I don't think she ever loved me. Maybe she did, maybe when she was happy with my dad. But towards the end of their relationship and towards the end of his life, she never showed me the love she did at the beginning. So I don't know where she is, I haven't seen her in about nine months now."

The police man looked at her with pity as she shivered under the heavy and itchy blanket they had given her to cover up. The questions related to the incident began to be asked.

"What happened?" The police man, Mr. Jeon, had asked.

She looked at him with tears in her eyes, "This wasn't the first time, ya know? It's been happening since the beginning of the school year and the principle knew. He pays for my therapy sessions, to keep quite- I guess. The principle's money went straight to my mom's pocket and then into alcohol and gambling. I didn't have anyone to talk to and even if I did have someone, why would I burden them with something like this?"

Mr. Jeon told her she'd need to go to the hospital to have a rape kit be done on her. Although a rape kit didn't sound pleasant at all, she was so happy that now he'd finally be caught. She nodded her head and followed him to his police car where he let her listen to the radio. Mr. Jeon was trying to help and finally she felt a bit safe. But he was the only thing on her mind.

Where'd he go? Why'd he go? Why didn't she go with him?

Once they got to the hospital, they began the test and two female detectives came in to make it less awkward. They sat down as all the unpleasant tests were run and taken. They had a file and papers and eventually asked her all the questions Mr. Jeon had asked.

The first detective, Mrs. Sungwon, asked the first set of questions, "What happened?"

Jiho looked at her with a blank face, "Mr. Kim tells me every other week or so to stay in his classroom for tutoring. Every tutoring session is the same. He violates me and calls me names and I'm helpless. usually these 'sessions' go by quickly. I've become accustomed to what happens after school in my chemistry classroom. But today I couldn't help but cry and scream. He slapped me hard and I cried more, then someone pounded on the door and Mr. Kim didn't care 'cause the door was locked. But he kicked and kicked and kicked and saw me, broken and crying and being violated."

The officer stopped her as she was breathing heavily as she recalled everything that had happened an hour or so ago, "Who saw you?"

Jiho didn't hear her question, and even is she did, she wouldn't speak of Donghyuck, "He must have been scared. Can you imagine being put in that situation? Walking in and seeing someone getting violated and abused. He looked more mad than scared, though. He has a bad temper, so I wasn't at all surprised when he came in and started defending me. And that's all it was- he was defending me. He didn't do anything wrong, he did everything right- he sort of always did." Jiho was crying now, sobbing actually, "He must be so scared. He's afraid of authority and now that this has happened and I've put him in this situation, he must hate me."

The second officer was stern and asked her, "Who is he?"

Jiho still wouldn't say and continued on, "Do think he's blaming himself?"