seven

Jihoe: Donghyuck?

Dongfuck: Yeah

Jihoe: I think I like you

Dongfuck: I think I like you too
Dongfuck: Let's meet at school early...

Jihoe: Okay

----

They met in the hallway, close to chem. They sat in the cold, their jackets bundled up to their noses. It was extremely awkward, no one dared to say anything. Was it always going to be like this? She saw Donghyuck tapping his fingers, which he only did when he was nervous. They both fell into an abyss of awkwardness. They couldn't look each other in the eye and refused to sit still.

"This is-"

"Awkward, yeah, very." He coughed before sitting up straight on the floor, "Jiho, I like you, a lot." he admitted, "But I'm not good at this whole relationship thing. I'm not good at staying with one person and commitment. I get bored easily."

Jiho laughed, "Fortunately for you, I'm lots of interesting."

Donghyuck sighed, "I'm not ready to be completely thrown into this, okay."

She nodded her head as he continued his explanation, "I understand this will change things between us. But for right now, let's be friends that care a lot for one another. Like a lot."

Jiho nodded her head, "I'd like that."

|

"So happy you joined us, Ms. Jiho." Mr. Kim smiled as she sat down in her chair.

"I know. I'm a pleasure, aren't I." She smirked as Donghyuck sat next to her.

Donghyuck gave her confidence, she could talk back to Mr. Kim because she felt protected. Mr. Kim murmured something to the both of them, then sunk into his chair and tapped his foot on the floor. Jiho had her pen in her hand, it's ink was dancing on the paper making the outline of a girl's face. there were hands interlaced, the same picture she had started several months before. This time the hand on the left was wearing the same ring Donghyuck wore to school everyday. The ring on his pinky that read 'Haechan.' Above the hands it said, 'Just enough madness.'

Donghyuck looked at her with 'aw' in his eyes, he couldn't properly grasp how one person could have talent spill out of them naturally. He put his hand on her's and stopped her from drawing.

"Can I keep it?" He asked. He examined the drawing a bit more, she even captured the small scar on his lower pinky that he got from slicing onions.

She nodded her head and smiled at how stunned he looked, "It's an easy and simple sketch."

"I can't draw a stick figure correctly." He joked which made the both of them laugh, "Your artwork is seriously as beautiful as you."

"Thanks. I guess you could call me Picasshoe." She joked as he let out a small chuckle.

"I'd prefer to call you princess." He grinned.

She rolled her eyes which resulted in him giving a new idea, "You and I, let's skip out on the rest of the day?" Donghyuck smirked.

"Okay." Jiho smiled as the bell rang to start first period.

|

They walked to a convenience store and grabbed anything they could warm up. It was still kinda snowing outside, but it wasn't bad. They settled on ramen and there was a coffee dispenser. They walked outside and sat underneath a covered table.

"You can tell me ya know?" Donghyuck really wanted to know why she was crying after school.

"I don't think I can." She whispered as she put her head down and a tear rolled down her cheek.

Donghyuck grabbed Jiho and hugged her tightly. He rested his chin above her head and rocked back and forth with her in his arms.

She looked up at him and smiled, "You smell really nice."

"Thanks." He smiled as they both continued eating.

"What are we going to tell the boys, don't you think we should?" Jiho asked as Donghyuck ate his ramen.

"We can't."

"Why?"

"Cause Jaemin likes you and I knew he liked you. And now we're dati-together. That's breaking every single bro code there is." Donghyuck explained with big eyes.

|

"Can I ask you a question?" She looked at Donghyuck as they walked to her house.

"Anything." He responded not making direct eye contact with her.

"Where do you go when we get to school? You always run off and you're always late to class." Jiho asked him as they walked inside and went over to the couches in the living room.

"Well you see, my dad doesn't really have the best health right now, so the school counselor makes me check in with her everyday." Donghyuck explained as Jiho looked at him.

She was looking at his side profile but he still kept looking straight. She kissed his cheek and rested her head underneath his arm and hugged his side.

"He's gonna die, we just don't know when." He continued.

Jiho sat up and grabbed Donghyuck's face to make him look her in the eyes, "Can I meet him?"

Donghyuck stopped crying a little bit and looked at her intensely. No one knows about his dad, no one has ever seen him cry, no one has ever wanted to meet him.

Donghyuck nodded his head, "I'll arrange dinner for Friday night, okay?"

"I'll be there early, to help." She smiled as he turned on the tv and they watched some movies.

"Good, I'll be looking forward to it." He whispered as he gave a small smile

----

I REALLY WANT 1K BEFORE 2K17 PLEASE TAG PEOPLE SO I CAN ACHIEVE MY GOAL.

[Hi! This is 2018 Mames and reading that note about me trying to get 1k got me mad emotional. Today I reached 60k so thank you all so so so much.]

[2019 Mames said thank you for getting nearly 200k]

-Mames