38. A short visit

Start from the beginning

TJ sat up quickly. "I got me a girl now! Malik had three different girls in here this week, and it's only Tuesday."

"Your dick is gonna pack up it's bags and walk off."

"Nah me and by boy is good. I even double up on condoms when I know the pussy bout to have me dead. So mom ain't gotta worry about shit. I'm cool on allat. She even bought me a bunch of condoms saying "no grandkids please" on the front of reach box. Like c'mon now, that's doing to much."

Tahny chuckled softly. "Relax. She treated me the same way. When I first moved out to California she called be every day, eight o'clock on the dot, just to see how I was doing. Then it got much worse when I got pregnant she started calling me three times a day. She used to send me pre-motherhood books in the mail every week. She'd make me FaceTime her time to check on my progress like clock work. Now that Javi is here and all the worry is over, she's shifted her sight on you guys she's left me alone. Now I can hardly get her to text me back."

"That's because she's to busy up our ass!" Malik shouted with a mouth full of sour cream and onion chips.

"Just give her some time she'll be off your back and will probably start bothering Hayden again. It's a never ending cycle."

TJ shook his head. "Psshhh. That'll be that day." He put his head in her lap so she could rub his scalp. "How's the house?"

Tahny dug in her pocket and pulled out the keys to dangle them in his face. "It's mine now."

"Oh shit, that's what's up."

"I know right! And it's about fifteen minutes from here so you guys can come bother me."

"Did you have any word on your old place?"

She blew out a long breath. "Nope they showed the houses on the news and everything was black, even the grass. I'll deal with that when I get back on Tuesday. But I got my new house and it's fully furnished, so I really just have to worry about getting Javi's room set up and get us some new clothes. Then all our important papers are in my lock box at my bank so thankfully I don't have to worry about that."

Lik came into the living room shaking his head. "I bet you somebody did that dumbass shit. That neighborhood is full of rich people and all their rich shit. You think a fire would just randomly start in a neighborhood? I don't think so... Babies got smoke inhalation and shit- A ten year old whole back covered in second degree burns all because of this fire. Watch... They gone say it on the news that it was some dumb ass rich kid white boy, with greasy bangs, face full of red ass acne, and a lame ass graphic t-shirt that he got from target, named Tyler Chad Michaels, setting his mom's shit on fire because she wouldn't give him fifteen dollars for some weed for him and his emo ass friends. Watch them say that shit! Imma need $50 from the both of you."

"Bet." Tahny said in a laugh as she ran her fingers through TJ's hair. "But I don't think that's how it happened. Maybe it was a grease fire or something? Who knows?"

Back in California...

"What do we need to talk about?" Max asked as he held his phone between his ear and shoulder.

"I just need to talk to you." Olivia sobbed on the line.

"Look I'm not in the mood to talk to you, alright? After our last argument I need a break, honestly. We just need to be apart till the wedding."

"But Max-"

"There is no "but Max." How do you expect me to talk to you and every word that comes out my mouth you have an argument for it? Then you wanna talk shit over the phone instead of face to face? I'm good on that part. So whatever you need to talk about can wait." Max put his phone speaker as he threw the plate full of pizza rolls in the hotel microwave.