Chapter 2

Spencer awoke to the sound of knocking at three in the morning. He got out of bed and walked over to the door while yawning and rubbing his eyes. He opened the door without even looking to see who it was and saw Daniella standing there. He briefly opened his eyes to see her drenched in rain with swollen, red-rimmed eyes that suggested she had been sobbing for some time. Quickly opening the door for her, he quickly locked it afterward.

"Are you okay?" He asked, concern now in his tone of voice. "Daniella, hey, what's wrong? Are you hurt?"

Shivering, Daniella shook her head. He was at a loss for what to do. He escorted her into the restroom where she had a warm shower before setting down a t-shirt, some shorts, and a fresh toothbrush on the vanity. He covered her with a cozy blanket after she had dressed and emerged from the restroom.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked.

Daniella sobbed and shook her head as she put her cheek against his shoulder. She felt like a child for keeping her problems to herself, but she was unable to express them to Reid and was left with little choice but to sob. He encircled her because he could tell she was worn out. However, he took his time and didn't try to pressure her into speaking.

"It's okay," Reid said softly, holding her as she let it all out. "I've got you."

A couple minutes had passed by, and Reid was now playing with her hair. He was comfortable, but he wanted her to get some rest.

"Do you want tea?" He asked quietly.

She shook her head, keeping quiet. She didn't want to keep him up since it was a weekday and both of them had to work in a couple of hours.

"I'm tired," she breathed out once she was calm. "I just want some sleep."

He rubbed her back gently, nudging her softly. "Come on."

He led her to his room and laid down with her. Her cheeks were stained with tears, and she was quiet. As he gently wiped away her fresh tears, he gave her a small smile.

He was practically her best friend, and he was comforting her. Spencer shook his head, scrunching his nose slightly, as she examined her nails. She fiddled with his slightly unkempt curls, and he smiled softly, covering her up so she wouldn't get cold.

At the sudden warmth, she curled up against him, and he let her. He didn't usually shake hands or hug people, but this was an exception. He was consoling his best friend. He tentatively wrapped his arm around her waist.

When his alarm went off, he sighed and carefully rose. He only slept for a few hours, but he didn't mind. He showered, changed, and quietly gathered his belongings for work. He leaned over and smiled as he noticed her peacefully sleeping. Before leaving, he kissed her on the cheek.

When he walked into the BAU, everyone was already there. He noticed Daniella's empty desk and smiled briefly before getting to work on paperwork. On his way to work, he texted Hotch, telling him not to expect Daniella today.

A few hours later, his phone rang, and he took it from his bag.

Daniella: Thank you for last night. It means a lot.

He smiled, putting his phone away before finishing his paperwork.

Daniella got to her apartment and checked her mail. She felt more relaxed after finally getting 9 hours of sleep. She was relieved after one peaceful night without a nightmare. She had only bills in her mail. After entering the apartment, she locked the door and lied down on the couch, falling asleep once more.

She returned to work a few days later, her sleep deprivation exacerbated. They appeared to have not slept in days, and they finally had a case. JJ entered the BAU and handed out case files to everyone. JJ hesitated before handing her a file, causing her to roll her eyes and spin around in her chair.