Chapter 1

Hotch, the first member of his crew to enter the building, did so on a frigid Monday morning. He was a little happy that nobody was around to confront him about a strange habit while he was browsing through his phone. He saw Daniella at her desk with her head down as he was making his way to his office. After heaving a sigh, he approached her and gently roused her. When she spotted Hotch, she sighed and sat up, feeling a little confused.

Hotch observed the weariness in her face and replies. "It's been a week. Go into the shower room if you have extra clothing in the locker."

In addition to nodding and wiping her mouth to yawn, Daniella rubbed her temples. "Sure, thanks."

Hotch shook his head once more before gathering all the completed documents. He entered his office prepared to edit her work when he saw some scribbling on an additional sheet.

Knowing that everything was always in its place, Daniella inhaled deeply before getting up with her purse and leaving her phone on the desk. She let her hair down, left the office, got in the elevator, and pressed the button to the top level where the showers were located.

She had a shower, then looked more put together as she went back to the sixth floor after brushing her teeth and washing her face. She groaned as her sleep-deprived eyes became red around the edges, but she quickly ignored it because she didn't really care if anyone noticed. She entered the lounge and, while reaching for a cup, she added water to the coffee pot. She added more sugar than usual since she thought it would help keep her awake for a few hours. She groaned as she returned to her desk to look at more paperwork.

With a brand new pen in her hand, Penelope was eagerly making her way to her office. As she entered her office and turned on the computer screens and every other monitor, she grinned brightly at the other employees who were walking by. She sat down after setting her luggage down on the chair behind her and swiftly glanced through the cameras. When something caught her eye, she immediately came to a stop. She quickly skimmed through the recordings to see Daniella working. Soon after, she was repeatedly putting her head down before finally nodding after.

When she noticed the deadline, she scowled profoundly since she was at a loss for words. She stood up and searched her bag for the crackers and water bottle she had purchased this morning. Daniella was working quietly at her desk when she emerged from her office and moved closer to her. Daniella jumped a little as Penelope put her hand on her shoulder.

"I am so sorry," Penelope gasped, frowning immediately after. "Are you okay?"

Daniella blinked and answered. "Yeah." She nodded slightly hoping that would comfort her friend. "I'm sorry, it's okay, and I'm okay."

Daniella gave Penelope a bewildered look as she placed the crackers and water bottle on the desk. Daniella was hugged by Penelope as she grinned a little.

"You know where to find me if you ever want to talk about anything," Penelope said, lowering her voice. "And I mean, anything."

As Penelope's hand was extended to her, Daniella's eye began to tear up. She just couldn't, despite how alluring the proposition seemed. She cut off all communication with everyone she loved because she didn't think they would comprehend.

"Thanks Penelope," she sighed quietly. "I might just take you up on that."

After giving a smile and a nod, Penelope turned around and strode back to her workplace. Before continuing her work, Daniella grinned at her friends gesture. Opening the crackers after giving them a quick glance, she began to eat them.

After Penelope left, Spencer and Morgan exchanged looks. They found it weird that Penelope hadn't left her office much. Opening their main office door with a shrug, they entered and headed to their own desks. Spencer shrugged his head dismissively when Derek nodded towards Daniella.