CHAPTER 24: I TRUST HIM

Start from the beginning

"Ma'am, I know how it feels to be in her place. I know how much of an emotional and physical trauma she's going through right now. But ma'am, with your support, we can get the real convict arrested. It's better to leave 100 criminals than get an innocent arrested." Prisha said kneeling down beside Niharika.

"Think us to be your daughters, Ma'am and Sir. One chance, give us one chance to prove him innocent." Niharika pleaded joining her hands infront of the couple.

"I don't know what to do. But whoever it is, we're not going to forgive them." The man said.

"Thank you so much, sir. Thank you. We'll get the real convict." Sidharth said.

They left the hospital soon.

"Sidharth, can you drop me home ?" Prisha asked staring at the passing cars and buildings.

"I want to get home too." Niharika added.

"Sure. There's nothing we can do now. The court will be closed." Sidharth said taking the route to their house.

————————

The five of them sat in the living room in silence. They didn't know what to do. At times, there's so much to say, but you don't know how to say that.

Alya sat beside Kabir leaning over his shoulder while Kabir held her hand in his. Tear marks were visible on her cheeks.

Sidharth was just staring at the wall thinking of all the possible ways to bring his brother out of the jail.

Prisha was sitting on the floor with her legs folded out and her head leaned on the couch where Niharika was sitting.

Niharika had her knees folded to the chest and her arms around her knees.

'I trust him.' The words she spoke replayed in Niharika's mind.

"I trust him." She spoke in a feeble voice.

"What ?" Sidharth asked confused.

"I trust him." She repeated.

"Niharika, are you fine ?" Prisha asked getting up and putting her arms around Niharika's shoulder.

"I trust Abhinay. I trust him." She said breaking into tears.

Prisha took her into a hug. The other four were in a shock looking at Niharika cry. It was the first time she cried infront of all of them. Even in their teenage years, she never cried infront of them​. Never.

"I trust Abhinay." She repeated.

"I know. It's good right. Look at you, you're crying." Prisha said pulling Niharika out of the hug.

"I want to meet him." Niharika said wiping her tears.

"Now ?" Kabir asked and Niharika nodded.

"Fine. I'll take you." Sidharth said picking his from the key holder.

"I want to see him too." Alya said standing up.

"Sidharth, you stay back with Prisha. I'll take Niharika and Alya." Kabir said taking the keys from Sidharth.

Just when they were about to get our of the house, Sidharth called out for them.

"What happened ?" Kabir asked.

"Mom's call." He answered.

"Niharika, you speak. She wouldn't listen to any of us." Alya said taking the mobile from Sidharth's and giving to to Niharika.

Niharika took a deep breath and answered the call. She put it on speaker.

"Hello Neeti Maa." Niharika said.