The Waters of Mars

Start from the beginning

"Oh, you'd like that."

"Can you find me someone who wouldn't?" The Stone said. "Someone other than the Doctor."

"Why should I trust you?" She looked at the Time Lords.

"Because we give you our word. And forty million miles away from home, our word is all you've got." The Doctor countered.

"Keep Gadget covering them." She nodded at a young male with gloves on his hands.

"Gadget gadget." The robot said as the Stone gave a scold on her face. Of course it was quite impressive but not smooth. Something that disappointed the Time Lady.

"Oh right, so you control that thing." The Doctor looked at him. "Auto-glove response."

"You got it. To the right." He moved his hands a moment before Gadget moved.

"Gadget gadget."

"And to the left."

Again the Stone stared at the machine keeping her mouth shut. They were already intruding thanks to a certain Time Lord. She didn't want to make them angry... but he couldn't keep his mouth shut for a second. "It's a bit... flimsy."

"Gadget gadget."

Not able to hold her own mouth anymore the Stone piped up. "Does it have to keep saying that?"

"I think it's funny." He glared at her.

"I hate funny robots." The Doctor retorted looking disgusted.

"Excuse me, boss." The Time Lords heard a voice through the captain's comm. "Computer log says we've got two extra people on site. How's that possible?"

"Keep the Biodome closed." She replied. "And when using open comms, you call me Captain." The captain quickly added.

"Yeah, but who are they?" She asked. The captain quickly pressed a button not answering her question.

"They can't be a World State flight because we'd know about it." A man said to the captain. "Therefore, they have got to be from the independent, yeah? Was it the Branson inheritance lot? They've talked about a Mars shot for years."

"Right, yes, okay, you got us." The Doctor said to shut him up. "So, I'm the Doctor, this is the Stone and you are?"

"Oh, come on. We're the first off-world colonists in history." The captain said. "Everyone on planet Earth knows who we are."

"You're the first?" The Doctor and the Stone both raised a brow as the Doctor continued. "The very first humans on Mars?"

"Then this is..." The Time Lords both blinked as they finished the sentence with the captain. "Bowie Base One."

"Number one. Founded July 1st, 2058." The Doctor said.

"Established Bowie Base One in the Gusev Crater." The Stone cut in then frowned. "How long have you been here?"

"Seventeen months."

The Stone swallowed thickly as the Doctor started to become excited to the Stones slight worry. She would have been holding the same excitement as he was but something told her this was going to be Pompeii all over again... "2059. It's 2059, right now." The Doctor beamed then hit his head with the palm of his hand. "Oh! My head is so stupid. You're Captain Adelaide Brooke. And Ed. You're Deputy Edward Gold." He pointed at them.