Chapter 11 - First 2 man team

Start from the beginning

I was sure the punch would leave a dark bruise and I felt to my knees gasping like a fish out of water. But that’s not where it ended. Envy pulled me up by the hair and punched my face. My lip got busted and I could taste the blood in my mouth. He pulled me up again and kicked me against the rib and I hissed in intense pain. Then he pulled me up by the arm and threw me against the wall.

By now I was panting and wheezing. My whole body was in pain, I could feel warm blood on my right side and I could feel the throbbing of the multiple severe bruises he had inflicted. I shut my eyes tightly as I stayed slumped against the wall and I coughed. I winced as it hurt and I took deep heavy breaths to ease the pain.

I heard footsteps and I was lifted off the ground by my collar and I opened my eyes just a bit and saw Envy still grinning madly. He held up a fist to punch me again, but stopped when Lust spoke. “That’s enough Envy. Dante wants her alive. I think you’ve put your point through now.” Envy scowled but dropped me to the ground harshly and I gave a mental sigh. If he was going to hit me anymore, I would have had to undo the seal. I was already using the full 20% of my power and if it were any other person, I’m sure they would have been half dead by now.

“Whatever.” Envy muttered and walked away from me. I sighed softly and winced as I stood up. I took the wall for support and looked at Lust as she walked to me. She smiled and held out her hand as if nothing had happened all this time. “Dante would like to meet you. Follow me.”

I closed my eyes with a sigh but then took her hand and she led me through the house and finally to a big double height room. There was a big staircase that led to the next floor and all the walls had huge windows through which you could see the forest outside. I walked to the window and I could feel the stare of the homunculus. I placed my hands on the window and looked out with a sparkle in my eyes.

“This place is beautiful….” I mumbled. “Yeas, I do quite enjoy the view too.” I turned around and stared at an old looking lade. She had a kind smile on her face, though it had a hint of fakeness behind it. She looked like a person with many secrets and I didn’t like the aura the swirled around her. Something about her just….wasn’t right.

I smiled at her awkwardly and she motioned for me to sit down in one of the sofas next to the windows. I sat down and fidgeted and we were served tea but a girl with purple hair. She seemed to like being around this old lady and she gave a big smile and walked away.

“Um…I take it that you’re Dante san?” I asked and she smiled. “Yes. And I assume you know why you were brought here.” I nodded. She gave something close to a smirk and I narrowed my eyes slightly. “And you know what will happen if you try to escape. This time I had Envy show you the rules, but the next time, I may decide to use Greed.”

I pretended to show fear and I flinched. I remembered Edward saying that Greed had the strongest shield. He could change his body structure and make a really hard impenetrable shield. Which meant I would have to be careful around him. if he hit me, it would be like getting hit by an iron rod.

I gave a sigh and shook my head. “So tell me, how is it you can sense homunculi?” I lifted my head and looked at Dante. Lust was also there and I saw Envy enter with a kid who looked about 8-9 years old. The kid sat down on the couch next to Dante and grinned at me while Envy keened against the wall and glared at me. I smiled a tny bit at the kid and then looked back to Dante.

“W-well….I don’t know…..I just get a weird feeling when I’m near one…..” More like I can feel your chakra and its annoying seeing their stupid I-know-everything attitude. I muttered in my head. Dante frowned and narrowed her eyes and I clenched my jaw. “Hmmm…..quite useful.” She mumbled and I raised a brow. She gave an eerie smile again and got up. I stood up too feeling that it would be rude if I continued to sit but she motioned for me to sit down.