Start of something new

Start from the beginning

15 minutes later a walk down to the dining room, where Demi has already set the table! I kiss her cheek. "Thank you so much! It looks delicious!" I see her face turn red, but she quickly turns around to walk back to the kitchen. Moments later she comes back with a cup of tea for me and a coffee for her. I love coffee, but hate it in the morning. She already knows that. We sit down and enjoy our breakfast. We are talking about family and friends, work, random things. But I enjoy it. It's good to talk to her again. D: "So, what are your plans today?"  J: "I don't know. Shopping would be a great idea. I still need some things for my apartment and I need food as well! Do you want to come with me?"  D: "I would love to!"

Hours later we come back to my apartment. I spent lots of money for the thousands of things I needed. Demi's entire car was full with my stuff. We carried everything in the apartment. I really hate shopping. It is so much stress and I don't like it at all. But finally I got most of the things I needed. Sitting on the couch we both are enjoying a coffee. D: "Can I ask you something?"  J: "Sure! Go ahead!"  D: "You have a beautiful apartment. I like it. You spent a lot of money today and you have your own house in Austria. How can you afford all those things? I mean, don't get me wrong. I know you've been working besides your study, but where did you get so much money from?"

Demi

Justine looks to me and her cheeks blush. She seems to be nervous. D: "Why didn't you tell me, that you have your own house in Austria? You seemed to be embarrassed when you told me about it!"  She sighed. J: "I don't want to talk about the material things I have. That's all!"  D: "But why?"  J: "Because that is not important to me!" There is an awkward silence in the room and I regret my question. Justine is absorbed in thoughts, but finally speaks. "Ok, I am going to tell you something, but you have to promise me that you are not going to tell anyone!"  D: "Oh god, did you rob a bank or something?" She sounds really serious and I have to giggle. J: "Stop! That's not funny. Promise me!"  D: "I promise, relax!"

Then she tells me about her lottery win. D: "Congratulations, that's not a big deal though. You are lucky!" J: "It is a big deal for me. Because honestly I thought about giving all of this money to charity! I didn't want it. I was so afraid of fake friends and I am still afraid! That's the reason why only my parents know about it. Well and you! Demi I trust you. Don't tell anyone, ok?"  She sounds really serious, what is honestly cute. J: "I don't care about all the material stuff in my life. I don't care what other people have or don't have. It doesn't matter what car a person has, how big their houses are, were they spend their holidays or how much jewelry they have around their neck. That's not important to me. And I don't want people to care about all of that of me neither. I don't want them to think about myself as a million dollar baby. I want them to see me as a smart, funny, caring, polite and hardworking person."  D: "I understand! And that is what you are!" J: "Thank you!" 

She is so humble and I admire her for that. D: "How much did you win?" She looks at me and smiles. "If I would tell you that I have to kill you!"  "Don't be silly, just tell me!"  "I won't tell you. You know enough!"  I start to giggle. "And you are sure that you didn't rob a bank?" She grabs a pillow and throws it on my head. We both start laughing and finally get up to unpack all of her stuff.

Justine

The next two weeks were really busy. I managed to finish everything in my apartment. I love it their. It looks so lovely. Some friends already visited me and they like it too. A place to feel welcome and were I can relax and calm down.

I met Elisabeth every day to organize the last renovations. I was allowed to order new furniture for the class in July and all arrived. I decorated the class, I prepared all the toys and learning material. 15 children were already subscribed. Most of them have a German speaking parent. I already met my class assistant, Thomas, and a kindergarten teacher from America. Her name is Kelly, she is in the class, when I am at University. Both of them a really nice, I can't wait to meet the kids and their parents.