"I know. I hate that I hurt him. I'm so stupid; how could I let my emotions get the better of me? I mean being emotional hasn't really helped me with past experiences then why can't I learn from my mistakes?" Sharon said shaking her head.

"That's just how you are and it isn't a flaw. It might not look great in these situations but you being an emphatic and emotional person has always been one of your best qualities. If you weren't so, we wouldn't be friends and I wouldn't be able to get past the most difficult stage of my life without you by my side." Ankita said softly.

"I love you Ankita. Thank you for always being there." Sharon said.

"I love you too. Thanks for having my back too." Ankita said as she hugged her best friend. They were a constant source of support in each other's life and they couldn't imagine life without each other.

"Now leave him a message to meet you tomorrow and if he doesn't respond I guess I'll get to play cupid again." Akita said breaking the hug.

"Lately I feel I should be playing cupid for you." Sharon said with a smirk.

"What are you talking about?" Ankita said nonchalantly trying to hide the blush forming.

"Don't deny it. Look at your face, it's all red." Sharon said teasing her and going to the kitchen.

"Is this revenge for times I teased you when I realised you had a crush on Swayam?" Ankita said following her inside.

"Maybe; now spill." Sharon said opening the ice cream container feeling a sense of déjà vu only this time the roles were reversed.

...

..

.

Swayam didn't want to be upset but her words had stung him. He knew she didn't want to hurt him and didn't even mean the things she said to him but still his heart felt heavy as he replayed the events that happened hours ago. He deliberately did not pick up her calls because he knew they both needed space. Maybe he could have said things he shouldn't have and things could get worse, that's why he left her flat before her words started swarming inside his head and poisoning it. He kept playing with his food as he tried to fight his irrational part of his brain.

"Hey are you alright?" Sushant asked.

"Yeah; why?" Swayam replied.

"Well you never play with your food unless you are tensed. Maa has being eyeing you for the past 5 minutes." Sushant said.

"I'm alright. I'm just tensed about work." Swayam replied and went on to finish his food.

"Maa he's lying like you said he would do." Sushant said to their mother as she cleared off the dining table.

"Well then talk to him like I told you to do. I'll be inside." She replied.

"You heard the woman; open up Swayam. What's been worrying you? I'm here to hear all your woes." Sushant said trying to imitate a doctor's voice.

"I said I'm fine." Swayam said and picked up his empty plate.

"Mr. Shekhawat, you and me both know that you are not fine." Sushant said when Swayam returned from the kitchen.

"Drop it Sushant. I really don't want to talk about it." Swayam said and switched on the television to keep his mind off. Sushant got up from his place and stood in front of the TV.

"Sushant step aside from the front of the TV." Swayam said with irritation lacing his voice. He was tired of all the thinking and wanted to stop doing so by mindlessly flicking through different channels. Unfortunately, Sushant had different plans.