Chapter 18

Sharon hummed the soft music playing in her background. Swayam was in front of her, his hands firm on her waist as they swayed to the music. She didn't know how they ended up like this but she liked this. Suddenly the soothing music stopped and inside a shrill voice reached her ears. She groaned and opened her eyes when she recognized it as the voice of her phone ringing. As she peered at her surroundings she realised it was all a dream. She hit her head with a pillow while her cheeks were turning a bright shade of red. When she got out her dizzied state she cursed the caller for calling with looking at the name when she looked at the time. Sharon got up from her bed and started folding her sheets. There was no point in going back to sleep, she was wide awake anyway. As she her brushed teeth, her doorbell rang but when she opened the door she saw nobody. Mentally yelling at the children of the society for playing the overused prank again she turned to close the door. As she did that she felt a yank on her wrist which startled her. Instinctively she twisted the hand that held hers and pinned the person to the wall with one of her arms on his neck.

"What the hell Swayam? You scared the shit out of me." Sharon said when she looked at his face. She retreated herself from her position and stood up straight.

"What was that?" Swayam said after he recovered from the shock he got by Sharon's actions.

"I did learn martial arts for some time and I did fight a lot with my brothers. Anyway, what the hell are you doing at this time? I wanted to sleep in today and you knew that." Sharon accused.

"Is that the way you greet your boyfriend?" Swayam asked cheekily.

Sharon just glared at him and then answered him, "What are you doing here so early? Wait. You were the one that called disturbing my sleep."

Before Swayam could answer her affirmatively Ankita appeared carrying large plastic bags in her hands.

"Breakfast is here." She greeted cheerfully. Sharon looked at her with surprise in her expressions. Firstly she didn't understand why the both of them were here so early and secondly why was Ankita being so cheerful in the morning. While Sharon liked to call herself a morning bird the same couldn't be said for Ankita.

"What even is going on?" Sharon said.

"Can we come inside first? These bags are too heavy, my arms are aching." Ankita complained. Sharon silently obliged and let them inside. As soon as Ankita entered inside she dropped the bags and massaged her aching limbs. Sharon chuckled looking at her and then turned to Swayam with one of her eyebrows raised which meant Swayam was due to give her some answers.

"I thought it would be good to start our date with wholesome breakfast." Swayam said.

Sharon smiled at him. It was a simple gesture but it warmed her heart. She liked those ideas big extravagant date plans for valentine's days or a proposal but in the end the little things warmed her heart, those were the ones that she loved. Swayam knew that about her as he noticed how happy she would be when he took her to the park for their evening walks or even before that when she got a handmade card from a contestant after she was eliminated who had become good friends with her. He knew that effort and thought mattered more to Sharon than the gift itself. So, that's why he pieced together little things that he knew Sharon absolutely loved for the date.

"Stop making gooey eyes at each other. Can I leave now or should I continue to be the third wheel on your breakfast date?" Ankita said.

They other too started spluttering words denying that they were making the gooey eyes Ankita claimed they did every time they were together.