Chapter 50: Talks

Start from the beginning

'Yes, but I didn't,' he answered matter-of-factly and was almost successful in hiding the fact his cheeks had turned pink.

'Well, good luck,' she winked before Jenson stepped inside the McLaren hospitality unit. She grinned when he gave her a double thumbs up accompanied by a broad cheeky smile. He was a really fun guy, she thought. She could understand what Macy saw in him and they would be perfect for each other, both very outgoing and cheerful.

She walked back to Red Bull and secretly hoped Macy wouldn't kill her, maybe it was better to inform her before Jenson was contacting her. Although it perhaps was already too late for that, she better prepared herself for some accusing words. Not that she would mind, because they were obviously made for each other and this was just another little push they both needed.

'So, you're giving your number to any driver in the paddock now?'

The voice with a thick Spanish accent made Keira jump. 'You scared me,' she replied, ignoring his question. He had once again appeared out of nowhere, maybe he was actually a Ninja instead of the Samurai he claimed to be. She had heard about the tattoo on his back he had gotten this year and she was somewhat curious to see how it looked on him. Normally she wasn't really a fan of tattoo's, but she liked Kimi's, so maybe Fernando's wasn't too bad either.

He grinned and put his hand on Keira's arm, like he did whenever he saw her. 'Didn't mean to, just wanted to catch your attention before you could give your number to any other guys,' he said with a wink while giving her arm a little squeeze.

'The only driver I have ever given my number to was you, so I don't know what's the problem,' she said with a half smile. He must have seen her with Jenson, did that mean he had been staring at her? She didn't know if that disturbed her or if it was flattering. 'I was giving my friend's number to Jenson,' she explained the situation.

'Ah,' he scratched his beginning beard and he furrowed his brow. 'So if I'm the only one, that means you didn't give your number to Seb? I feel special now,' he chortled and he looked rather smug.

'He found out himself, he's a smart guy,' she said. She still felt the need to defend Seb, especially when Fernando was involved. Although she had promised herself to not think about him anymore, because she wasn't going to let him hold her back. There were enough other guys like Seb, she just had to give them a chance. Not that anyone would ever have such a perfect smile and those beautiful blue eyes, but she just had to settle for that.

'True, he needs something to compensate for his lack of talent,' Fernando said and he lazily pushed his hair out of his face.

She swallowed and decided not to reply to that, so instead gave him a smile and a nod. She didn't want Fernando to think that there was something going on between Seb and her, because he of course knew about Hanna and she didn't want to give him another reason to attack Seb on. She knew she shouldn't care, but she did anyway and she wanted to kick herself for that.

'I know I have tried many times before, but I'm not going to give up. Are you free tonight to have dinner with me?' he asked in the most flirtatious way possible. He rubbed his fingers along his chest, clearly with the intention to draw Keira's attention to it.

'Yeah, alright. I think I'll be able to fit you in,' she answered distractedly, as his tactics had worked and she was now staring at his body. He knew how to play her and she wasn't even sorry for that, in the beginning it had frightened her a bit, but she knew what to expect by now.

'I'll come by after I'm done with debriefing, around seven. Do you want me to pick you up from the hotel?' he asked. He waved at a few people who were walking by, before turning back to Keira to hear her answer.