Taka

"I like your bottoms." He whispered into 95's ear as they walk together through the markets.
She shivered at the closeness of his voice to her ear and moved to the other side of Sasuke.
Suigetsu laughed. "Come on, baby, I was just joking around."
"I don't like your form of joking, Suigetsu, I'm sorry." She responded softly, her voice still soar from spending so much time without speaking.
"How stuck up." He scrunched his nose.
She stopped and crossed her arms. "Pardon me? I am not stuck up. You are simply childish."
"Pardon me?" He asked, laughing. "No one says that."
"People with class do." 95 mumbled, looking through the clothes.
Sasuke had promised her he would buy her an exact replica of what she was wearing but there seem to be nothing alike.
"Can't you just buy some pink shirt and that's it?" Suigetsu complained.
"I am." She responded. "I just need to find one made out of silk and I can sew the number 95 to it and it'll be done."
"95, here's one." Sasuke called their attention.
She touched the soft fabric, it was silk and she nodded.
"We'll take three of these." Sasuke told the merchant.
"Three? Alright, anything else?" The old man asked.
Sasuke turned to 95. "Anything else?" He repeated.
"No, it fine." She said throatily and winced as she cleared her voice.
He nodded.
She took the bag and Sasuke took them to a hotel room they decided to stay on before leaving to get Karin on the team.
"It's almost nighttime, when are you sewing those things?" Suigetsu asked
her.
"I'll get it done, that's what matters." She responded and folded the shirts on a second hand, nearly-collapsing chair.
Sasuke sat next to her on the bed and talked in her ear.
"Have you slept lately?"
She nodded.
"When?"
She held back two fingers.
"Two nights ago? Do you think you'll be able to sleep?"
She shook her head and rested her shoulder on the headboard.
"Do your best, if you can't just go ahead and start your sewing."
She nodded again.
He stared at her then turned to the bathroom door to check that Suigetsu was still in and wrapped one of his arm over her shoulders, have one small squeeze and let go.
"Do you want to share a bed?" He asked.
She shrugged. "You should probably rest yourself. Go ahead and sleep, I'm sure I won't be able to." She responded hoarsely.
He half smiled. "If you get tired, just tell me."
She nodded and Suigetsu came out the bathroom.
"It's a nice bathroom." He commented, laying on the bed with his sword standing beside the bed.
95 chuckled and waited for everyone to be asleep to close herself in the bathroom. She started sewing '95' on both sleeves and back of the silky, rose shirts.
Around at three in the morning, she was done and went back into the room to see Sasuke sitting up on the bed, his eyes staring at the wall.
"Are you alright?" She asked, frowning with concern.
He blinked at her and nodded after taking a big breath.
"You should go back to sleep, its too early to go anywhere. Suigetsu even seems to continue to need rest." She nodded towards the snoring boy.
"Did you finish your sewing?"
She nodded.
"Come here for a while." He tapped the bed.
She smiled slightly and walked over to him. He wrapped his arm around her. "I was cold." He explained, chuckling at himself.
95 touched his arm and noticed how his skin, indeed, had goosebumps though he was sweaty.
'He had a nightmare.' She thought.
"It'll be sunrise in an hour. Are you sure you don't want to sleep?"
"I'll try." She croaked.
He turned to her with a brow raised. "You're still soar?"
She nodded. "I should permanently go mute."
He hummed against her back as she rested her head against the pillow. "No. I've already come to like your voice."
She smiled. "Thank you."
He hummed again and she closed her eyes, feeling Sasuke pull the covers over them.

Sleep didn't come to her but closing her eyes distracted her from bad thoughts. She concentrated on Sasuke's breathing. Around at six in the morning she felt him stir and sigh awake. Sasuke's hand touched her back and he retrieved it rapidly, forgetting she was there.
Suigetsu had woken up earlier in the morning, needing to use the restroom an hour ago and saw the two linked together and smiled.
"Good morning." She said quietly.
Sasuke breathed in and scooted closer to her.
"Are you hungry?" He asked.
"A little."
He sat up and left into the bathroom.
"Good morning." She heard a squeak say in a fake high-pitched voice. "Are you hungry? A little."
She opened her eyes and rolled them at the bed next to her's. "It's too early to be dealing with you, Suigetsu, please."
"I wonder what's between you two."
She shrugged. "He saved me from Orochimaru." She said to him. "I owe him my life."
Suigetsu stared down at the girl and looked at the scars and bruises he'd noticed when they first met. "Your life?"
She nodded slightly. "And much more."
Sasuke was standing just a foot away from the door when he heard 'He saved me from Orochimaru.' and stopped, wanting to listen to more.
And he did, almost leaping out to thank the small girl when she said, "He's the only thing to family I have, and I think I am for him too. Family is not supposed to leave each other behind. I'll take care of him as well as I can."
'Family.' He mused.
What is family?
The dictionary describes it as a 'group of two parents and their children living together as a unit', but, really, what is a family?
A family can consist of only one parent, or none. It can consist of your friends, loving them all like your sisters, or like your daughters.
A family is a group of spiritually linked people to a belief that love is what consists the soul. It's a belief. A religion.
95 loved Sasuke. She felt spiritually linked to him because she knew he needed that love, that belief, as much as she craved for it. And for a human being that had been trapped in a pitch black room filled with hatred, Sasuke understood what she meant well enough.