{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [29]

Začít od začátku

"Johnny they are babies not a court decision," Barbara scolded.

I looked around at our extended family and smiled. I was so lucky to be a part of this family. To have a man like Matt at my side. Especially when he knows my heart still belongs to another man.

"Yes, the twins cooperated with a little help from Matt."

"Well?" Papa Gates said when I paused to look around again.

"We'll be welcoming James Owen Sullivan Jr. and Andrea Barbara Sullivan to the family."

Barbara's hand flew to her mouth, tears filling her eyes.

"A granddaughter and a grandson," Joe said with tears also in his eyes.

"Well I hope you guys didn't invest to heavily into anything pink or blue for the nursery," Papa Gates said.

"Nope, everything so far is gender neutral," Matt smiled.

"Even the paint?" I asked.

He smiled at me. "Nice try but yes, it is gender neutral too."

Matt got a text. He read it with a smile.

"Looks like you will be able to see for yourself tomorrow. It's finished it just needs to dry and air out.

"Awesome!"

"So dinner?" Val suggested.

There was an awkward pause.

"Oh for god sake people I didn't make it I had it catered!" Val said throwing up her hands.

We all laughed a little bit and made our way to the kitchen. Dinner went well with everyone chattering about plans for the twins and Johnny and Linds upcoming baby scan as well.

"Matt will you stay with me tonight?"

"Of course babe."

He smiled at me and I turned to my other side feeling Linds take her seat by me again.

"Do you think I was to harsh on Johnny last night?"

"Well I understand that you are nervous but making him sleep on the couch?"

"You're right. I feel so bad that he actually slept on the couch!"

"Well why don't you make it up to him tonight?"

She giggled.

"Just turn on some music ok?" I laughed. She blushed and we went back to dinner.

Afterwords everyone cleared out after making plans to come over and see the nursery tomorrow. Matt and I headed up to bed to give Linds and Johnny some privacy.

"It looks like Johnny's going to sleep in his own bed tonight," Matt chuckled.

"Yeah...you don't have to stay if you don't want to," I said guiltily.

"Kathy, I want to stay with you."

His lips covered mine gently. I felt Matt pull me down on his lap. I shifted so I was straddling him.

"Matt..." I breathed out as his lips left mine to trail kisses along my jaw.

"Yeah Babe?"

I ran my fingers over his shoulders.

"Do you really think I'm still attractive?" 

Matt smiled at me, "Yes I do."

I blushed and opened my mouth. Matt took my hand in his and guided it to the bulge in his jeans. I gasp. We hadn't come close this past week to making love since we had the first time. This time I didn't need to pretend anything. No closed eyes. Just Matt and me. I kissed him and felt the love welling up in me. The twins kicked as clothes loosened and melted away. Each touch was slow and tender. Gentle caresses, slow lingering kisses and soft spoken words of love filled the room for the next few hours. I cuddled with Matt as he held me close.

"Thank you Kathy." He kissed my temple and we drifted off to sleep together. 

                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I could barely focus on eating my breakfast, I was so excited. Matt chuckled as he settled down at the table with his plate.

"You need to eat something more sweetheart."

"I know..."

"The sooner you finish the sooner we see the nursery," Matt said taking a bite of his eggs.

I quickly finished my breakfast. He chuckled and finished his at a more normal pace. Once we were done we climbed into Matt's car and drove to his house. I saw two cars parked in the drive. One was Matt's sister, Anne's, car. The other I wasn't sure.

"Um..."

"Anne's here she wanted to ok it before I showed it to you in case I screwed up to much and tanya wanted to be here to see your reaction for herself."

"Alright."

We headed in the house and up the steps. Anne came out of the nursery as we entered the master bedroom.

"Oh god Matt it's amazing! You did good and Tanya did an amazing job with the paint!"

"Right now I have to see because I'm dying of curiosity!" I made my way over as Matt and Anne chuckled. I stepped in and stopped. I gasp as I took in the room.

The ceiling was painted a light blue to mirror the sky, and the carpet was green like grass. The walls near the ceiling were blue with white wispy clouds and then there was a sun and as you went around the room it went from dawn to dusk. Going down the wall there was grass and a pond painted and ducks everywhere. some were flying others were walking or swiming. The furniture Matt had ordered in white so it looked like white picket fencing along the walls where they interrupted the scenery.

"Matt it's perfect," I whispered as he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

"You really like it?"

"Yes!"

I turned to Tanya who was smiling by the doorway.

"Thank you so much!"

"It's no problem. I was happy to do it."

"You did really good little brother," Anne said before she and Tanya faded out of the room. Matt kissed me.

"Welcome home Kathy."