Chapter 31 - strange meeting, family greetings.

Chapter 31

I sneak a peek at the clock to see how slow time has really slowed down on me. It's only been three hours and I've only got one more hour to see him and I need to see him now.

I'm missing Zayn.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Matt questions, his elbow leaning on the counter as he stares at me with confusion.

"What do you mean? I'm fine." I shrug as I walk around the counter.

"You just seem so stand off from me than usual." He frowns and smirks. "I haven't seen you in ages." He follows behind and I turn to face him, now two metres away.

"It's only been two days."

"Oh. It feels more than that. Is everything okay?"

"No I just had a tough night last night. Devon got arrested." I raise an eyebrow and Matt frowns.

"Who?" He questions. Acting innocent? I don't know. He's just as good as Zayn at hiding his emotions.

"Devon?" I widen my gaze at him and he frowns momentarily before mirroring my expression.

"Holy shit. What did he do?!"

"He broke into Zayns family's home."

"What a douche. I don't understand why Zayn didn't do it earlier. I mean he owns all these businesses and he finally sends him to jail."

That is true.

"I know, but Devon got a hell of a beating though. He deserved it."

Matt raises his eyebrow. "So you're back with Mr Billionaire are you?"

"Yes." I narrow my gaze at him and he nods, not saying another word.

"Touché Greene."

I nod awkwardly and make my way into the back room, only to be called back out by Matt.

"Re!" He calls again and I roll my eyes as I come into his vision but I freeze when I see Emma on the other side of the counter. She waves with her fingers and smiles back at Matt.

"Friends here for you." Matt says, pointing at Emma suggestively.

Friends. Sure.

"Thanks." I murmur.

I step next to Matt and I look at him as Does Emma.

"Oh sorry you guys want some privacy?" Matt raises an eyebrow.

"Please." Emma says sternly and he pulls a face.

"I'll be cleaning tables then." Matt winks and grabs the spray bottle.

I sigh as he finally walks away from ear shot. "What are you doing here?"

"Well it's nice to see you too Victoria." She says, poker faced. "I came to ask how you were."

"I'm fine."

"How was last night?"

I scowl and most of all, I blush. "Was fine."

"Just fine. Are you going to use any other syllables?"

Jesus her and Zayn speak the same sometimes, I don't like it.

"Not really much to say." I shrug.

She scoffs. "Come on Victoria. I'm sure you have questions."

"I have a few. But I'm sure mine and Zayns sex life can stay between us." I don't mean to be so bitter, but I can't help myself.

"Oh really. Why would you call me and ask for my help then Victoria?"