Chapter 1 - Unwanted scars.

I fiddle around with the bracelets on my wrists as they irritate the small cuts and bruises on my skin. I've been wearing bracelets for a couple of days now to hide the dirty little secret of what I've signed up for. Because of the state of my wrists, I haven't shown Zayn just how bad they are.

Honestly— they're not that bad.

It’s the bruising that makes it look worse than it actually looks like. It's irritating though.

But eventually, he'll find out and I'd probably end up getting punished.

I'm seeing him tonight to officially sign the dotted line. Am I ready for this— I really don't know?

It's been three days since I last saw him; since I last agreed to sign the contract. I hope he's not moody.

If I really do sign this contract, I'm all his.

No independence, no disobedience. He will own all of me.

Do I want that? Am I prepared to give that up; for him— Zayn?

"Someone call the rubbish man like, they left some trash on the doorstep." James mutters as he looks at the door.

Ted walks into the cafe, face refusing to show any emotion besides that permanent scowl.

Both Amber and I giggle at James as he shrugs his shoulders at the attention he's enjoying. Ted's eyes are scanning the restaurant and finally meet with mine as I smile convincingly.

I push all my thoughts away as he walks through the brand new cafe. Over expecting, Ted slides his fingers along the surface of the countertop very, very slowly.

"Do you think he'll like it?" Amber whispers.

I shrug. "I don't know. His mind is black and white."

"He'll like it." James whispers, winking with that grin on his face.

Java hut has just been renovated in London and Ted is here to see for himself how well my plan has done before we start to move in the real furniture and appliances.

The walls of the cafe beam a chocolate brown and creamy gold as a feature wall. There's a huge electric fireplace in the lounge area which is up the two step staircase. When the furniture comes and we get Ted's approval of the colour pallet, three leather couches will surround the fire place. I hope he likes the colour pallet, if he doesn't, we're back to square one.

We follow behind him, staying quiet as possible when we walk towards the bathrooms.

"I don't like the art work in this place." Ted mutters as he pauses and looks up at the dark beige patterned ivy with chocolate brown as the base.

I roll my eyes— as does Amber.

"I do." A voice comes from behind Amber and me.

My poor heart beats rapidly at the sound of his angelic voice.

"It brings character." He adds with that thick Bradford accent.

As If in sync, Amber and I turn to face him; Zayn and he looks immaculate as ever.

The well cut Armani Black suit showing just how wide and prominent his shoulders are. His hands are in his pockets as his intimidating stance towers over Amber and me.

The graze across his cheekbones is no longer there and the cut on his bottom lip is as if he's never been in a fight. Zayn had go into a fight with Devon last week at the underground hospital parking. Of all places, it had to be there. It was a fight that got out of a hand, and to this day, it’s still such a vivid memory.