Monday, September 7th, 2020

Dear Connor,

    As always, your rambling is completely adorable and I will think that forever and ever. You know that that's one of the things that made me fall in love with you in the first place. If it was actually annoying, I'm sure I would have mentioned it in the past three years.

    What is annoying is the fact that this is the sixth day in a row that I haven't seen your face. I know that we're going to be able to get through this, but there's still something inside of me that worries you'll tire of me without seeing my (admittedly gorgeous) face every day.

    Totally joking about the gorgeous thing, by the way.

    Essentially, I miss you. A lot. And tell Katie that I miss her a ton, but that if there's anyone who can deal with Britt and Mel, it's her. I have faith in her!

    I saw that Britt and Dan got engaged! That's amazing, I'm so happy for them. We all knew it was coming for the past two years, so I'm glad he finally did it! I can't wait to visit you guys and hear the full story. I'm sure something went wrong, and that's always the funniest part.

    Speaking of engagements, Riley just texted me saying that Joe proposed to her! Two friends in three days. How in the world did we get so old?

    And don't worry, I'm going to write to my parents today and tell them. I just don't know how I'm going to phrase it yet. And honestly, you should probably tell them, because I think they love you more than they love me.

    Okay dude my roommate got weirder. I didn't think it could happen, but it did. I texted her asking if everything was alright after seeing her Facebook post, and she acted like everything was normal and that she didn't post that. Then, I said I'd be home in a few hours if she wanted to talk to me, and she said she was on vacation, when her location said she was at home...and then I got home and she was sitting on the couch and told me that she had made dinner. I didn't eat it because I'm 99.99% sure it's poisoned. I didn't see her take a bite of it.

    I think it might be time to get another apartment. Just my luck that my first decision out of college was to move in with someone who is probably going to murder me in my sleep.

    But on a happier note, my orchestra audition is on Wednesday! The two girls that I've known are in the orchestra, Amy Summa and Chloe Fenn (AKA my idols for the past two years), they practically run the orchestra between the two of them. They replied to my tweets today! They were a little weird and passive-aggressive, but I mean it's not everyday that people like that reply to you on social media!

    I'm gonna try to write this letter to my parents (they can't yell at me over a letter!) so I'm gonna go for now. I miss you like crazy babe, hope to see you soon!

Love,

Sydney Porter

---

Monday, September 7th, 2020

Dear Mom & Dad,

    Hey guys, it's Sydney! Don't worry, I'm fine, nothing's wrong, but I wanted to write you guys this letter to let you know about a little change in my life, as of about a week ago.

    I'm currently living in a two-bedroom apartment in New York City. I'm no longer a student at James Madison University, and I no longer plan on finishing college. Instead, I am going to audition on Wednesday for the New York City Symphonic Orchestra, which, as you both know, has been a dream of mine since I first started playing the violin.

    I've really looked into this and think that it is the best option for me. This was not a rash decision, this was not something that I took lightly This is a decision that I made carefully, but that I felt I should have made alone, and without consulting my parents. I will be 20 years old in two months, and I think that I should be able to act like an adult.

    I love you both and did not make this decision to upset you. Please know that. I hope that you will be supportive, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Love,

Sydney

To Whom It May ConcernOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara