Chapter 30- Qualifyed Love Experts

Comincia dall'inizio

"Eevee, I'm not in the mood for games. Give it back!" I scolded. The Pokemon simply shook her head. This made my blood boil. I lunged at her once again, but she quickly took off running. This time, I chased her. My hair blew behind me, knotted with dirt and grass. My legs pumped beneath me, powering me faster and faster until I was hot on the evolution Pokemon's heels. In fact I was so focused on my goal, it didn't occur to me that we were quickly approaching a bush.

Eevee skidded to halt, just short of the leafy barrier. I, however, wasn't as agile and ended up tripping over my footing. Before I knew it, I had fallen through the bush in the most unattractive way possible as a high pitch screech escaped my mouth. To add to my bad luck, there happened to be a ditch on the other side, which I of course fell into. Head first, I plunged down the rocky slope, scraping my hands and legs and rolling like a sausage. Tortured moans and groans followed me the whole way down. My hair was now platted with mud and my face caked in it. I swear, I swallowed a mouthful of soil then threw it back up again as I tumbled.

Eventually I rolled to a stop in the pit of the ditch. Everything ached, pain arising in my head, arms, hands, legs, the list goes on. Geez, I was a real klutz that day. Normally my luck was generally average and footing pretty good. But something about that day had it out to get me.

"Ow" was all I could mutter. There was a slight ringing in my ears but I tried to ignore it. I sat up straight, staring off into the distance, and that's when I saw the city not far away, with its looming great towers and famous skylines.

"Elaina! Oh my goodness, are you okay?!" Someone shouted from the top of the ditch. I turned around to find Serena, peering down at me with a look of concern.

"I found Lumious City!" I exclaimed, pointing towards the distant buildings. Their images were coated in vibrant blues that settled against a bright sky backdrop. Prism Tower was stacked higher than the rest, streams of wispy clouds rolling over the tip. It was a breathtaking sight, just as effective as any natural landmark.

"What happened?! You're a mess!" Serena ignored my statement and began fussing over my well being. She didn't have to worry so much, I was fine. A little scratched and grubby, but fine. Her bright blue eyes looked at me like a child that was somewhat dysfunctional and in need of assistance. Maybe it was her nature to be motherly, after all, she had cared for Ash, Bonnie and to some extent Clemont as well for a year.

"I'm fine! Just a little game gone wrong with Eevee!" I reassured her, just as the culprit of this mess poked her head out of the bush. Her dark eyes held sorrow as she drank in my tattered hair and mud painted limbs.

"What's all the noise? What happened?" A deeper voice entered the conversation from somewhere atop the ditch. My ears twitched upon hearing the voice, sending a tremor down my whole body that pinched every muscle into alertness.

No, no, no, no, no, Ash can't see me like this! Oh...what do I care...

The jet haired boy entered my vision in his signature pajamas, baring his sun-kissed arms. His gaze flitted over my figure, curled up at the bottom of a ditch covered from the toe top full with dirt. This was ought to get a reaction out of him. At first his lips parted in disbelief as he processed the image before him, and then fragments of seconds later, he burst out laughing. His bellows echoed onto my ear drums, causing a frown to appear on my lips.

"It's not that funny." I muttered to myself with annoyance evident in my tone.

"How...did..you..manage...that?" He asked between fits of laughter, making me frown deeper.