Anchors

Anchors

Lydia

------------------

I looked down at my lap fiddling with my fingers. Why did he ask me to come here? And why are they just sitting in that room talking? Don't they know that I've been noticing there consistent glances? There endless stares?

I feel like a nut job to be honest. I'm asking myself questions- in my head of corse- to keep myself sane. To keep myself from thinking about the reasons why Deaton called me here, and the reasons why Scott and Deaton have been talking in the main room for what seems like hours as I've been waiting in this waiting room.

The anxiety is overwhelming. I know something is wrong. I know something is wrong or they wouldn't have called me, especially Deaton of all people. But what can this bad news be? Is it bad news at all? Or is it just news... News that leads to something bad?

Finally, Deaton steps out of the room and looks at me, smiling softly. "Come on in Lydia. We just have to... Explain... Something to you quickly." He says. I nod and stand up following him into the main room. He shuts the door behind him and I walk over to where Scott is standing at the silver table.

He looks at me and sighs before looking down at the table. "What... What's wrong?..." I ask as Deaton steps up to the table. Deaton glances over at Scott and then at me.

"We... We've been keeping something from you Lydia. And for certain reasons because we know that you weren't able to find him-"

"This is about Stiles than." I say cutting him off. He nods.

"Yes. This is about Stiles. Stiles has recently been... Possessed... He's the Nogitsune. We're afraid that some times he can't come back. And he hurts people... People close to him... He's a trickster Lydia. He will fool you and anyone else." He says.

I widen my eyes blinking. "Wait- Stiles? Are we talking about the same Stiles? He's the Nogitsune?" I ask in disbelief and worry.

Deaton nods and Scott sighs again looking down. "Stiles is ok now, he's himself for a little while- but sometimes... Sometimes he can't necessarily get himself back."

I look at him confused. "Wait. What does this have to do with me?" I ask. Deaton looks over at Scott and Scott squeezes his eyes shut before looking over at me.

"Do you remember what an anchor is?" Scott asks. I nod. "Yeah I... I was Jackson's before he moved." I say.

Scott looks at Deaton and Deaton nods. Scott takes in a deep breath. "And anchor is an emotional attachment. Werewolfs, Foxes, anything to that supernatural effect, they have anchors. Anchors keep you grounded. For me it was Allison. She kept me grounded when I was about to turn." He says.

I nod. "Ok... Still not getting how this has anything to do with me..." I say.

Scott looks at Deaton and this time Deaton speaks up.

"Lydia... You're Stiles' anchor. You're what keeps him rooted. You pushed him under the ice, you're the one that opened the door. And you're also the one that he has an emotional attachment too." He say.

I look at them both, shocked, not knowing what to say. Deaton clears his throat.

"Lydia... You're the only one that can bring him back when he's stuck..." Deaton says.

I shake my head stepping back slowly. "No. No I... I can't do this. I never help anyone I can't- I can't do that. I won't be able to help him." I say.

Deaton shakes his head. "Lydia... That isn't really up to you. You're the only one who can help. He has an emotional attachment to you, and it's not just from the ice. I picked you to go with him because I knew that you both had an emotional attachment to start with." He says.