| 10.4 | post-magnificent-sex

❝Stay with me tonight
We can count the street lights
Stay with me alright
Let's bring it all back to life.

Chapter Ten:
Post-Magnificent-Sex
(cont'd)

Helena giggled and placed a sloppy kiss on my cheek, giving me another side hug. "The worse you feel, the more wild we need to get. Besides, Jade doesn't mind as long as I don't get too carried away. I could use the booze myself after all the shit I've been dealing with at work."

"How come she couldn't make it?" I asked, brows furrowing. "It would have been more fun with her here."

"She's off visiting her parents," Helena muttered, her chirpy voice dying out to a serious undertone. "They're still not completely on board with.." Her sentence left unfinished, Helena pressed her lips together and focused her dead stare on the driver's seat in front of us. I reached over and grabbed her hand, squeezing it in mine as I turned and looked out the window.

There was the regular rush of cars and downtown traffic when we whizzed by. It was a flurry of headlights, colors and pedestrians, inducing me into a trance as my mind wandered. Helena and Jade were the steadiest couple I knew. The two had had their share of complications and obstacles, with them having to come out to their families leading to some bitter exchanges and clean breaks being made. It was painful for both of them but as of now, they'd been together for five years and I'd never seen them as happy. The thought that the close-minded perceptions that certain people had toward love preventing them from experiencing true acceptance was certainly angering, even for me. Through all this time, I'd been too caught up in the whole Hans affair to pay notice to Helena's problems. What a crappy best friend I made.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, squeezing her hand again.

"For what?" Helena asked, genuinely confused as she turned her head to look at me.

"For being a shitty friend."

Helena laughed, the sound of her fairy-like chuckle instantly making me feel better. "You're my best friend. You've always been there for me. And I know you're facing some guy problems of your own so..."

"Guy problems don't even begin to cover it."

She pet the top of my head. "There, there. We're on our way to distracting you with eye-candy and vodka. By the break of dawn, Hans will be completely out of your system."

Tempting. Real tempting.

"And if it goes really well, someone else will be in it."

I laughed, only hoping that she was joking.

It was ironic that less than ten minutes ago I had denied an invitation to drink with my colleagues. Helena, however, was my exception. It wasn't the first time that I found myself going along with her adventurous antics as she dragged me out of the cab and into the bar, laughing and skipping along like a high hippy all the while. And it certainly wasn't the first time she led me to the dance floor after an intoxicating round of shots, grabbing my hips and grinding against me in a dance we'd spent years perfecting; so tantalizingly sexual that we deserved a floor of our own.

Before long, warm, muscled bodies pressed up against us. A hand wrapped around my waist from the other side, begging permission to dance with the nymph of a woman the music had transformed me into. Helena gave me a wink and let go of my hips, shooting one last traitorous grin before shimmying away into the crowd that beckoned her to join. I turned my head back to look up at the stranger whose hands encircled my waist, pressing me against his back. The handsome blond's touch was light as his fingers pressed into the bare skin of my waist, my dress shirt having ridden up a considerable amount. I grinned, fluttering my eyes at him as I ran my hands through my silky black hair, toying with the strands in my fingers and spinning around, giving him a full view of what I had to offer in my skin-tight pencil skirt. It was an answer enough. When he pulled me into him so that my ass was pressed against his quickly hardening pelvis, I couldn't help but smile to myself, biting my lip in anticipation.

If there was one thing that Helena had taught me, it was to let loose from time to time. Tonight, my instincts would dictate my actions. I let them take control as I let my head dip back against the man's shoulder, his lips skirting along the side of my neck; sucking, lapping, biting, all the while hands groping and fighting to touch what little skin I teased him with. It was madness; the kind that drove me closer to release, and farther from what held me to the Earth, but isn't that the best kind?

After a good minute of swaying to the music and relishing the delicious friction of hardness against my growing heat, I opened my eyes. A little flick in the direction of the bar and I could make out Helena, propped on a stool with her legs crossed, clearly enjoying the sight of me losing myself on the dance floor. I smiled back at her, trailing my tongue along my lips promiscuously which made her blush, giggle, and shake her head at me.

I laughed to myself, and tore my eyes away from her, bringing them back to the toned, muscled body behind me. Another man joined from my front, and soon, I was wedged between two hot, needy men apt on sharing what I had to offer between them. Helena would be proud. Smirking to myself, I looped my arms around the hunky brunet's shoulder, pressing my breasts into his chest as I steered myself in the direction of the bar to find my friend.

She wasn't there anymore. Frowning, I looked around, trying to catch the wild bush of curls in sight when I thought I saw him. I blinked, panic settling into me and nearly broke away from the dance. I searched the crowd on the floor for the familiar sight of the tall, raven-haired man. It must have been my imagination, or the alcohol finally getting the better of me. With a mental shrug, I smiled up at the brunet who reddened, his grin revealing his pearly white teeth. It wouldn't hurt to be a little bit of a daredevil, and with that thought in mind, I started to pull him in for a satisfactory distraction of a kiss when my eyes fixed on a spot over his shoulder and froze. Because from across the floor, I could see it.

The sky and earth, captured in two darkening, livid eyes.

Hans was coming right for me.

_____  

Song: One More by Elliphant feat. Mø 

Vote goal: 60