| 2 | sting operation

❝You do to me so well
Hypnotic takin' over me

Chapter Two:
STING Operation

The night air was chilly when I stepped out of the car.

"Your escort is waiting for you in the lobby," the driver informed me. With a small smile and nod, I started to drag my feet forward, eyes set upon the glass doors of the hotel in front of me. With each step, my heart grew heavier and the dread turned to pure terror. This was nothing like any other social event I had been to before. It felt more like a goddamn STING operation.

I shoved the negative thoughts to the back of my mind as I entered the lobby, eyes scanning the area for an attractive man. There were many, I noticed, but all with their respective dates. Where was mine?

I started to open my clutch and take out my phone when I felt a warm hand settle on my lower back, followed by hot breath near my ear.

"Ms. Williams."

I jumped out of my skin, flinching back from the human contact but was prevented from doing so by the strong arms that wrapped around my waist. My head whipped upward to confront the over-friendly stranger but the words at the tip of my tongue vanished almost instantly.

They say eyes are windows to the soul. I wasn't quite sure what to make of his, apart from the fact that they had the power to rob me of my voice. One of his eyes was a pale, glacial blue. The iris had a thin black rim surrounding it, like that of darkness clouding the silver of the moon. The other, however, was a warm green with flecks of gold around the pupil, the kind of gold that looked like droplets of the sun. Ice and fire; such beautiful contradictions...and they were staring right down at me.

Sucking in a deep breath in place of one I hadn't noticed I was holding, I steadied myself in the stranger's arms before taking a wobbly step back.

"Is this how you greet all your dates?" I meant for myself to sound annoyed but it came off as a weak, pathetic whisper.

"My apologies," he said, sounding it but the smirk on his face told me otherwise. I wanted to come up with something witty to inform him that I wasn't in the mood for games, and this was serious business. But all I could do was stare at the man in front of me. And was he a man all right.

I didn't have any experience in dealing with escorts but it's like the universe had delivered the best one yet. He was dressed to impress, in a three-piece suit that looked custom made. If I didn't already know he came from the agency, I would have placed him as another rich kid. But it wasn't his sense of fashion that had my insides flaring up in unwarranted desire.

It was the first time in my life I'd felt physically small next to someone, having a tall stature myself. But he towered above me, with a magnificent, strong frame. Strong enough to have his way with me against the wall, against anything if he wanted to. Inky black hair framed his sinfully beautiful face, sheltering his eyes from view. It was slightly long, trailing over the collar of his pristine white shirt. There was a scar too, like a tiny trail cut through his right eye brow leading to the treasure below it. Down the arch of his nose to slightly plump, sculpted lips that would make Da Vinci weep.

"Are you going to spend the whole night eye-fucking me like that, Rae?"

I gulped down the lump in my throat and tore my gaze away from his lips to his eyes. He winked at me and added in a low, tantalizing rasp, "We can make it happen." He just had to have the voice of a crooner. Icing on top of a quickly melting cake.