f o r t y f i v e

Start from the beginning

I looked at Taylor with a confuzzled expression."What's Cick and Colan?"

"Your ship names, you barmy!"

The girls paused with their fights and looked up, with their eyes filled with sheer determination and sobered for a moment.

And then I heard loud voices of two wild girls.

"Colan!"

"Maybe both!"

"Cick!"

I winced and closed my eyes as I tried to drown their shouting. I couldn't even make out who said what, their voices were that shrill and high pitched. But I knew one thing for sure, that the person who said Cick, sure wasn't a female. It was a rather flat voice, it belonged to-

"Hello, twin dearest," Greeted Hailey as she slowly tried to untangle her legs from Harriet's.

Nick looked as immaculate as ever, with his blonde hair messily slicked up. Dressed in a pair of white basic tee with a black jacket and dark blue jeans, he resembled a Greek God.

Nick's blue eyes, that resembled the deepest darkest seas, did not look amused at all. His gaze was disapproving as he took in his sister's disheveled look, clearly shaken by it. "I don't even know how I put up with you, all these past years, even in mum's tomb. I should have eaten you back then."

"Hey!"

And then his disapproving gaze looked around the deserted store, so deserted that we didn't even see employees, before landing on me. His gaze that was icy like frozen tundra, immediately turned into a pit of soft expression, something I didn't understand how. His eyes softened to the point, where I saw small specks of gold in them, something I only saw when his gaze was not icy, something I never saw for me, but rather I saw it when he looked at his sister. But never on me. The golden specks in his eyes, resembled the sun's rays, so bright, so beautiful yet so harmful to get close to.

Funny how one's eyes remind you of the deepest forest while the other's remind you of the deepest seas, my mind said.

"Hi Cadence." His voice was soft, octaves lower than what it was when he spoke to his sister. From beside me, I could see Taylor smirking at me and the H&H duo fanning themselves. When I caught eye of Hailey, I asked her with my questioning gaze. "The sexual tension's getting us all hot here," she mouthed.

I was embarrassed, not because of what she mouthed right now, but rather because Nick arrived at the exact same moment when the girls were talking about who they'd would ship me with.

"Hello," I muttered through reddened cheeks and flushed face as I looked down at the floor, trying not to embarrass myself further. I could feel Nick's hot eyes on me, making me heat a little. My mind flashed with how I wanted to talk to him about why I didn't want to go out with him and my nervousness tripled.

"Everyone," Nick said gathering their attention. I looked up at him, only to find his eyes at me. "Can I borrow Cadence for a moment?"

"Sure, why not?" Said Taylor as she side winked at me. I jabbed my elbow into her rib, through my gritted teeth. I heard the satisfying groan of her and smirked inwardly, I could turn evil when I wanted to. I could duff up too when I wanted.

Seeing everyone's approval, Nick glanced at me. "May I speak with you? In private?"

"What do you want to speak to me about?" I asked.

Nick rolled his eyes. "You won't know if you don't come."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Now I won't."