Chapter 3

The gem stones Robbie likes to eat, also known as sweets to dragons.

I love that everyone is enjoying the updates but please stop with 'update!' 'Please update' 'Update now' comments. I know that you're excited that I am finally updating as am I, but I can only write so fast and I have court soon to put my rapist behind bars, that is why it took me forever to update this story.

Now enjoy this update!

+++

"Robbie, calm down!"

"No! Get down from there!"

"Robbie Fredrick Knoxville who on earth gave you gems? You know what they do to you!"

I hear a giggle followed by a loud crash, Dianna growls and I hear more yelling coming from the outside gardens. I stretch when I get out of my bed before quickly going to where I hear the commotion going on, who would give Robbie gemstones this early anyway? When I get to the gardens I hold back my laughter as I see Robbie, who is now in dragon form along with his mother, flying around trying to eat the many gemstones in his talons before Dianna catches him. I shake my head and let my wings unfurl to their large size and let them pull me into the air, and as I rise in the air Dianna and Robbie stop the game of cat and mouse. Robbie is chewing the gems in his mouth while clutching the rest to his chest, I raise a brow at him and hold out my arms expectantly.

 "Sugar, give me those. I think you have had more than enough, who gave them to you anyway?" Robbie looks at me disbelievingly, his chewing stopped. I see Dianna come up next to him before she starts to collect the left over gems in the thickly clawed hands of her dragon before coming to me and placing the small pile in my arms, some falling in the gardens below us and the small hatchlings gobbling them up before their mothers and fathers have a chance to stop them. I slowly lower myself to the ground before making my way to the food storage deeper into the caves, Robbie follows me still in his dragon form, letting out whines and puffs of dark smoke through his snout. "Robbie, you aren't having anymore darling, you have had more than enough." as I say this I turn around to face my little flame-oh shit...

Have to ever seen an angry dragon? One that has flames coming out of his mouth and nose, smoke rising everywhere and displeasure in their eyes? Well I am face to face with a very unhappy dragon.

"Baby boy calm down! I know you aren't happy about this but you need to get over it, I promise you that later you can have some but it is too early to have these." I growl some, displeased with how my flame is acting towards me. I am so punishing the person who gave him these and has now put me in the predicament. Robbie gives me one last puff of unhappy smoke before turning and storming off, great...

I continue my way to the food storage while I think of who is meant to keep things organised down there, with so many dragons to look after you learn to keep track of what you do and don't have and it seems that we may need to up the amount of gems we bring in, my guess is that it is Robbie's favourite thing to eat. "My Lord, let me take those from you!" Denver, a young dragon, says while rushing towards me with a large basket once I set foot in the storage area. "Denver, did you happen to give my Robbie some of these?" I ask with a raise brow and my question is confirmed when he flushes a bright pink. 

"Y-yes sir, he asked if we have any and when I said yes he asked if he could have some. I know I should of said no but I was afraid that he would get mad and then you would get mad! I'm so sorry Lord!" I was as he trembles in fear and it shocks me, no one should fear me, they should feel comfortable and relaxed! "Denver, calm down young one, what has you so frighten?" I walk towards him calmly before I softly run my hand through his silky brown dead straight hair, letting his lean into my touch as most younglings do when I do this to them, it helps calm them down. He looks at me with glossy yellow eyes that he got from his father who birthed him, a slight tremble to his lips as he said "Grange Harrig, he-he said t-that him and you a-are good friends and that he will get you t-to-to get rid of me i-if I don't do-do what he wants!" Young Grange, he has always been a cocky little nuisance who thinks he is better then the rest of us.

"Denver listen here, Grange is a liar, he and I are not good friends nor are we friends at all, I will not get rid of you. You are an important part of our Thunder, you help keep track of thing, you are a great protector. Remember when we were low on food last winter and you went out in the cold to bring back food? It was a dumb and risky thing to do and yet you did it for all of us. Grange is a spiteful lizard who doesn't have one ounce of the respect from me like you do. If he continues then you come to me." I look straight at him as I say this, before I look down at the mark I gave him that day, a mark a Lord gives to the strongest of their Thunders. "That mark proves that you are worthy of being here, that you are needed here. Grange will never know that strength it takes to bare that mark like you have."

With that said I headbutt him softly, before turning to look for my disgruntled Flame with a sigh. I walk out to the gardens and find him dressed and pouting while his mother stands infront of him while scolding him. I smirk at this, Dianna is a hell of woman, a strong fighter and won't back down, she has more than proved herself that she belongs here as she has had to put a few other spiteful and ignorant dragons in there place. They have been here for a few months now and those months haven't been anything short of amazing and adventurous, Robbie is just as feisty and head strong as his mother I tell ya!

I am knocked out of my thoughts when I have a sudden arm full of pouting Robbie "Baxter I'm sorry for being rude! I really really am!" Robbie leans up and plants a soft kiss on my smiling lips and before I could return it he pulls back and snuggles his face into my neck, his wings wrapping around us tightly and lovingly. "Honey bun it's alright, just please don't do it again. I know you didn't want to give up those gemstones but you know the energy rush it gives you and you already have more than enough energy in the mornings." I laugh when he huffs.

Now I have to go deal with Grange.