4

Louis was driving back home, he didn't do anything that day, in fact, he quit. He was not a prostitute. Never would be, but his mind was buzzing.

What am I gonna do now?

I guess that's why they didn't show me around the first day.

Wanted to ease me into it.

Guess I'll have to find something else, or maybe Harry will get a job, or maybe that lottery ticket I've got in my bag has three good numbers on it.

Suddenly he pulled over, phone ringing,

"Hey, Ni, what's up?

"It's about Harry. You kind of need to come pick him up. He's in no condition to drive. You know how it gets in here when Man U lose." Louis sighed glumly slumping in his seat, because yes, he knew exactly how Harry got when Man U lost.

"I'm on my way."

---

Louis frowned walking into Niall's bar.

"Where is he?"

"He's cleaning up in the potty. We'll help him get into the truck." Niall shrugged as he pointed towards the bathroom

"Yeah, he's gonna need it."

Minutes later Harry was drunkenly slurring his words demanding he could walk.

"I can walk, man; I can walk."

Niall rolled his eyes as he helped Harry into Louis' truck. "Dude, you can't walk."

"Harry had a rough day, Lou. And your mum took the kids, told him to come blow off some steam." Niall pats his brunette friend on the back comfortingly.

"Yeah, well, good idea, Mum," Louis spoke sarcastically.

"Hey, I heard you got the job. That one in Doncaster, right? That's so awesome." A smile graced Niall's features; he was happy for his friend.

"Yeah, I don't think that's gonna work out. I don't know what I'm gonna do. Sometimes I wish I could just start all over again." Louis frowned in despair.

"Come on, this isn't you. You're Louis Tomlinson. You're the prettiest boy this town has ever seen, and you always get what you want. Besides, I've spent too many years being jealous of you to feel sorry for you now. You'll figure this out. I am so sure of it." Niall encouraged.

"I wish I was."

"Hey, I love you." The blonde added.

"Love you too. You call me tomorrow?

"Okay."

---

Back on the road, things didn't lighten up for Louis.

"Damn it, Harry, we're almost out of gas. Dang gas guzzler."

Louis turned to stare at his drunk husband who slurred out a simple, "You look hot."

"Well, you sure don't. What were you thinking?" Louis hissed as he softly slapped Harry's arm, keeping one hand on the steering wheel.

"Look, I spent all day standing outside of a Lumber Lot with the other day labourers trying to pick up some odd job that would pay enough for me to sign up my son for football."

Now that, broke Louis', heart.

"Haz." Louis paused. "I'm sorry. I had a bad day too." He smiled softly as he pulled into a gas station.

"Stupid gas-guzzling piece of junk." Popping outside, he began filling his tank, then swiped his credit card...

Declined.

His day just got worse.

"Harry, where's your wallet?" He demanded.

"It's, uh... It's in my pocket."

Louis rolled his eyes at his drunk man, angrily walking around to his side of the car, and searching lazily for Harry's wallet.

"A dollar? Damn it, Harry!" Louis yelled. "This is not what I signed up for. This is England. A boy this pretty, he's not supposed to be poor. I'm sorry, I know that sounds all braggy and unfair and awful, but you know what? It's true." Louis paused.

"You know what? Niall was right. He was right. I am Louis Tomlinson. I am Louis Tomlinson, and I do not let life get me down. I do what I must do, and I don't get defeated." Louis stopped ranting when he noticed Harry had passed out drunk on him.

"Harry?"

The boy frowned, tears streaming down his cheeks. It was then that the whole world came crashing down, and he made a decision he would always regret.

---

'Jacie? Hi, it's Louis. Louis Tomlinson. I'm so sorry that walked out on you guys today.' Louis frowned as the women offered him sympathetic response, welcoming him back to the job anytime.

'I'll see you tomorrow.'

---

The following day, Louis prepared for his first day of work.

"Sorry. It's mummy's first day at work, and I can't pick you up at school, so to say I'm sorry, I put two desserts in both your lunches."

"Wow, your new job's great." Charlie cheered.

Louis smiled, nerves slightly calming as he took his kids to school.