Girl

"So do you play any instruments?"

I look over to him, seeing his dark hair flowing with the air conditioner from his car.

I shrug, "I play the piano, ukulele, and a small bit of the bass." I say as I smile.

"Damn, you'll have to teach me how to play those." He chuckles, "I play the drums." The pale boy says, looking over to me, stopping and turning off the car in the driveway.

"That's really cool." I say as I look out the window, "This is your house?" I ask as I open the door and step out.

"Yeah, my dad runs a business and he gets a lot of money." He shrugs and looks at the house with me.

"I-It's huge." I say as I laugh softly, reaching a hand to cover my smile.

"Yeah. But let's head on in, I think my sisters are at softball practice and my dad's working, so it's only my brother and my mom." He says as he leads me to the door, unlocking it and opening it.

I step in and look around, my gaze catching to- I'm guessing his mom.

"Joshua, is this the friend you were telling me about?" She says as she walks over, "I'm Laura, Joshua's mother." She holds out her hand, I take it and shake it. "I'm T-Taylor, nice to meet you." I say with a stutter.

"Yes this is the friend, she's from school." He says as he sets the keys on the dining room table.

"Well I'll be down here, making dinner. Have fun you guys."

"Okay, mom."
He leads me upstairs and into his bedroom, where there is band posters on the walls, a drum set in the corner, and a desk to the right of his bed.
"This is sick." I say with a smile, walking over and plopping down on his bed.

"So sick!" He replies with a small laugh, biting his lip. He walks over to his closet and brings out a record player, setting it on his desk. "Here's the beauty." He says, I stand up and walk over, watching him set the "American Idiot" record on the player, you can here the soft guitar and drums coming from it.

I look over to Josh who's pretending to drum, I giggle softly and smile.

He falls back on his bed, drumming dramatically, I laugh more, joining with him and pretending to play the guitar, falling back on the bed with him.

We laugh loudly together, holding our tummies as we do so.

We lay there after we calmed down, looking up at the ceiling and sighing out of happiness.

"Taylor?"

"Yeah Josh?"

"I'm glad you came over."

"I'm glad you invited me."

☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎

RIP I haven't updated in forever
Oops I'm sorry I love all you

Thanks for comments, votes, and views
xx