XVII : Ice Castles and Wolf Armies

Start from the beginning

Her lips parted as she stared down at Edmund thinking and tapping her finger on her leg. Edmund squirmed beneath her biting his lower lip worried of what she was going to say.

"Well. I suppose you're not a total loss then, are you?" She practically spat out with her still condescending tone towards him before turning around and walking away from Edmund.

Edmund stood still for a few moments before he couldn't contain it anymore. He came all this way just to be yelled at and not even get what he came for in the first place. "Well, I was wondering," Edmund started, getting a little braver and stepping up one of the stairs towards the Queen. "Could I maybe have some more Turkish delight now?"

The Queen stared him down before her eyes had a slight glisten to the previous blue shade Edmund remembered instead of the dark terrifying hue. Ginarrbrik gave a slight coy smile as the Queen turned to him. "Our guest is hungry," she said before sitting back on her throne.

Ginarrbrik gave a nasty smile as he turned to Edmund and walked over to him. Edmund got a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach, he didn't think the dwarf liked him that much. "This way—" The dwarf motioned with his hand towards a hallway. "—for your num-nums," he spat as he ripped a knife from his belt and placed it on Edmund's back leading him towards the hallway, Edmund forced to follow.

"Maugrim," Jadis hollered, her voice shaking the castle walls as it echoed throughout the halls. Edmund paused in his stride to see what the Queen was doing.

Maugrim, stalked out of the shadows, up to the Queen's throne standing beside her and looking up to her for his directions. "You know what to do," Jadis noted and with a snarl, Maugrim pranced on his feet a few times before throwing his head back and letting out a piercing howl that paused throughout the castle. Upon his cry, wolfs came to his command to the room and stood side-by-side ready for their orders and preparing themselves for the ambush. The wolves all began to growl as the then followed Maugrim down the hallway and out of the room.

Edmund's eyes widened in horror upon realizing what was about to unfold. He knew exactly where the wolves were headed, and he had a feeling it wasn't going to be a warm welcome for his siblings.

~

The Pevensie's all shuffled into the beaver dam right after Beaver who busted through the door and fell on the ground he was in such a hurry

The Pevensie's all shuffled into the beaver dam right after Beaver who busted through the door and fell on the ground he was in such a hurry. "Hurry Mother! They're after us!" He yelled at Mrs. Beaver. The sounds of the wolves' howls could be heard as they were making it back to the house which meant they would be here soon.

"Oh, right then," Mrs. Beaver exclaimed with a calm but hurried tone as she then hurried around the room grabbing random things as she did so.

"What's she doing?" Peter asked with big eyes knowing the rush they were in.