Two Faced Helps Us In Breaking And Entering

Knocks and I followed Two Faced, rounding the corner of the Demon Castle walls and coming upon a trap door dug out of the ground.

    "This is where you- we have to go?" Knocks asked as she studied the trap door.

    "Yeah, is there a problem with that?" Two Faced was no longer hopping around, but her tail was still raised in the air.

    "N-no, I was just asking..." Knocks muttered as she held onto her orange backpack.

    I knelt down and opened the trap door, revealing a ladder that lead down into a dark hole. I couldn't see the bottom. I was silent as I lowered myself down onto the ladder and began climbing down. Knocks lowered herself down and climbed with me. I reached a foot downwards and got off of the ladder to stand on a concrete floor.

    "I can't climb down the ladder, but I can still get to you. I'll meet you down there!" Two Faced called.

    The trap door slammed shut just as Knocks got off of the ladder. We stood in darkness, completely silent. Something that felt like a snake brushed past my leg and I jumped, "Knocks! Do you have a flashlight in that bag of yours?"

    I heard the satyr rustle around, "Yeah- yes."

    There was a click and then a large stream of light cut through the darkness. She aimed the flashlight at the floor and walked towards me. Once by my side, she handed me the flashlight. I pointed it at the ground and saw nothing on the floor. My level of worry increased a small bit.

    "Wow, that old dirt tunnel is really unstable!" Two Faced suddenly barked loudly as she walked towards us, stepping into the light.

    "Now where do we go?" I asked quickly. I didn't like this underground chamber.

    "Just this way!" Two Faced yipped happily as she turned and began hopping away.

    I glanced at Knocks, her amber eyes were darting around the room nervously. She looked up at me and then straightened, then looked back at Two Faced and began following her. Her hooves made soft clicking noises as she walked.

    The flashlight flickered off, I slammed it against my hand and it turned back on. I let out a sigh of relief and began following Knocks and Two Faced.

    We walked through the chamber rather quickly, and didn't run into any sort of creature or rodent.

    "Here we are!" Two Faced cooed as she stopped at a huge steel door.

    I walked in front of her and opened the door, allowing sunlight to stream into the chamber. I turned off the flashlight and handed it to Knocks, who held onto it tightly instead of putting it in her backpack.

    Two Faced stepped in front of me and began walking through the door. Knocks and I followed.

    We walked out into the Castle, and I noticed that we were right next to the steel door that had blocked our access earlier.

    I caught up with Two Faced and asked, "How are you planning to get us through all the demons here?"

    "Oh, I'm not planning anything." She responded with a wag of her tail. "I'll just do some quick thinking."

    Knocks appeared beside me, pressing close and holding on to her flashlight like a weapon. I kept my attention on the towers passing us, keeping an eye out for the main one. All the flames atop them were growing brighter and brighter, as if gaining power from each Prince's presense. For some reason it took me longer to spot the main tower, but I eventually found it after searching for a few minutes. The flame was now engulfing the whole top cone of the tower, threatening to come through windows.